Ch.48 What Lies Beneath [Part 2]

Recap on where the plot is 

 There will be thing going on in the background so it may seem things are going a bit fast in terms of the relationship between characters and plot wise for e.g. everything going on with Simon, Luke and Maia. Secrets abound as the Shadowhunters and Downworlders try to get back to normal after Valentine's death. Clary struggles with keeping her secret about Raziel's wish, while Alec pushes Jace to come clean about whatever Jace and Clary are hiding. Aria has her own struggles which will be seen as we move forward. Luke must use tough love to keep his secret hidden from Ollie who is on a war path for answers. And Magnus hides his true feelings about his new position in the Warlock community from Alec and Aria. Asmodeus makes an entry. Meanwhile, Izzy Plans Alec and Arias wedding. Lilith slowly sets a plan in motion in New York City as Simon spend time in the Seelie Court.

-Previously in Part 1-

"The only way to do that is to get into Lorenzo's mansion...." He finishes. Of course. "That's not all is is?" I asks. "Nope. We can't get past his wards even through a portal and breaking in is not an option so..." he clearly states. I look at Alec. Hoping we could come up with something.

"It's okay. I've got a plan!" Alec smirks.

Aria's POV 

Alec fills us in on the plan. I pray to the angel this works. 

While Alec and Magnus wait for me to enter.  I walk up to Lorenzo's mansion. I knock on the wooded door taking a deep breath as the doors opened wide revealing the high warlock himself. 

"Ah senorita Herondale, come in" He invited me in. "Thank you" I say as polity as I could. "You are here alone?" he asks. "Yes. There are missions to take care of...Why? Is it a problem?" I raise my brows. "I assume you are here to defend Magnus Bane?" He ask flat out. Of course he knows.  

"Actually, no

"Actually, no. In fact, I'm here to defend you. I might not be head of the institute but as a Herondale, I believe it my duty to protect you. Especially since you are now high warlock and a part of the downworld cabinet member" giving him a straightforward reply. "Considering how close you and you fiancé are to Magnus, would there not be a conflict of interest?" he eyes me, trying to figure me out. Clearly not trusting me. "Our job as Shadowhunters comes before personal life." I say. He nods. "Not a very loyal friend are you?" He chuckled. "Truth be told. Me and Manus aren't that close as are him and Alec. Besides, what happened at the party effected me too. So I'd like to know what's going on. Regardless, at the end o the day I believe in justice above all. You understand don't you?"  I gave him a fake smile. 

"I do" He says. "Right, now if you don't mind I would like to take your statement" I pull out my tablet. his face said it all. He wasn't too happy about this but no way in hell was I going to give him a choice here. He led me into his living room. I just need to keep him occupied long enough for our plan to work. Not taking a seat, I face him. "So you think Magnus did this out of spite?" I questioned. "Without a doubt" Lies. "He's the only warlock capable of summoning such powerful demonic magic. Surely you felt it that night. He's dangerous." He continues. "I see, well if Magnus Bane is truly behind this then I'll hand him over to the clave myself." I say with confidence. Hoping it would convince him. "And this won't effect your relationship with Mr. Lightwood?" he looks at me unsurely. "Of course not. It's difficult to trust these days. He knows that too. If he were here he'd say the same thing. The law is hard but it is the law" I shrug. "Spoken like a true Shadowhunter" he smirks. "We should celebrate our new partnership. How about a toast?" I fake smiled. It couldn't be more fake. Agreeing, he moved behind me. 

There was another knock on the door. "Let me just get that" He says walking away. As planned I quickly go to the window, quietly twisting the nob and going back to where I was standing. Magnus hoped in, hiding behind the couch. I see Lorenzo walk back in with Alec. What he hell. My eyes widen. "Look who it is" Lorenzo announces. "Alec, Hey!" I say placed a kiss on his lips, hugging him. "Hey! Go with the flow" he whispers hugging back. I smile at him, giving him an okay. "What are you doing here?" I ask. Pretending to be shocked. "Well I heard you were here to discuss things so I decided to joined you now that all my meeting are over." He smiled back. "Good timing. We were just celebrating our partnership" I fake laugh. Lorenzo nods. "Why don't I make you something?" he asks Alec. "Why not. Thank you!" Alec replies. After handing me my drink, he goes back to the bar. A few seconds later he's backing with his and Alec's drink. I take a small sip. "Wow this is really good" Alec lied. I see Magnus trying to sneak up, he signals me to keep talking. Of course this is what happens when you change the plan and not tell me. "And I must say, you have exquisite taste" I point at his décor. "I agree" Alec joins in. "why thank you" he grins. "To us" Alec says trying to keep his attention away from Magnus "Ah yes to out new partnership" he raised his glass. We followed.

 "So how would you describe you style?" Alec asks randomly

 "So how would you describe you style?" Alec asks randomly. " I'd say Victorian. Aria here really loves it. Now that we are getting married, I think it would be nice to redo our place don't you think?" Alec asks me. I chuckle. "I suppose so, however, I noticed you have a Japanese sword hanging above the mantel in the hall, its beautiful" I say. "Yes, It's a samurai sword. I procured it myself around a hundred years ago" He boasts. "Incredible. The details and craftsmanship. I'm at a loss of words." I compliment feeding his ego.  "You're interested in swordsman ship?" he asks me. "Interested? You should see with a sword. My lady here is a master at it. I've lost count to the number of times she's beaten me" Alec laughs answers for me. "Oh please Alec" I laugh shyly nudging his arm. "But yes, I'd like to think I'm pretty good with the sword. If You don't mind me asking, would it be alright if we could get a tour? for inspiration you see." I asked. He excitedly shows us around. "Not in the least! Follow me. You must see...."  Damn this is exhausting.

"  Damn this is exhausting

To be continued 

[A/N: Hopefully you liked this chapter. Alec and Aria helps Magnus in Lorenzo's mansion. Aria and Alec distract Lorenzo while Magnus analyses the ley lines. Coming up next in part 3, They continue to execute their plan to find Asmodeus. ArLec hosts a family dinner to tell them the good news. ArLec's wedding chapter will be before the whole Lilith stuff goes down. Lmao I've been saying this for ages hahaha. Sorry It is coming very soon!! So please look forward to it & Thank you for your patience! x M]