Ch.38 Powers That Be

[A/N: Hey guys, just a reminder, I have been very busy with work and is jam packed for me which makes it difficult to sit down and find the time to write, But I'm trying my best to update the next chapters asap by working on it after work. It is going slower than expected so bare with me. That being said enjoy this chapter!]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aria's POV 

After talking to Clary, I decided to see grandmother. "Grandmother!" I call out catching her attention. "Aria! My child ! Oh Thank the angel!" She hugged me weeping. "Its okay. I'm okay grandma!" I say softly. "When I heard what had happened I didn't want to believe it...To lose family again. I wouldn't have been able to bare it. I will forever be grateful to the angel" She  creases my cheeks. "Me too" I say hugging her once again. 

We pull away

We pull away. "I know you have questions about a lot of thing regarding the deal I made with the clave. Aria I do have to warn you... Valentine maybe gone but the Clave are backstabbing snakes so you still need to be careful. You are way too powerful. That will always remain a threat in the eyes of the Clave." She says looking at me seriously. "But gran-" She interrupts me. "Aria believe me. You have to understand. I did everything I could to keep you hidden. But it's all out in the open. They will do anything to use you as a pawn in their games." she continues. "Okay I'll be careful. I promise. I do have questions but I understand." I nod sadly. 

"Well I need to get ready for Clarissa Fairchild's rune ceremony, so do you

"Well I need to get ready for Clarissa Fairchild's rune ceremony, so do you. I'll see you there my sweet child." She says. "I'll see you there. Bye grandma!" saying our goodbyes we parted ways. 

Alec's POV 

"Alec" My mother says walking into my room. "Yes mother?" I ask.