Ch. 31 Start of a War [Part 1]

Aria's POV

Alec was in my room waiting as I got ready. He has been very stressed with everything thats happened. I mean who wouldn't. "I'm ready" I say putting down my hair brush.  "Gorgeous as always" he whisper back hugging me. "Am I the only one dreading this meeting with the downworld council?" he asks resting his chin on my shoulder. I sighed. "Actually I am too if I'm being honest. This weird feeling that I feel just won't go. But we don't a choice. What ever happens I will be there beside you okay" I reassure him after sharing my slight concern. 

We head to the meeting room once we informed the downworld council had arrived. This time even the Seelie queen. Not sure how well this is going to go. Alec takes my had, as I take a deep breath walking into the room. There Magnus, Luke, Raphael and the Seelie queen, who sat in the center like she owned the place. On the other side Jace and Clary stood. Damn this is going to be tricky. 

"Your majesty, what an unpleasant surprise!" Clary spat. "Clary watch yourself." Alec whispered. "Alec please, she's right. What game are you trying to play now?" Jace turns and question the queen. "An emergency meeting was called by the institute an requested the presence of the downworld council. And I speak for the downworld." she says with a poker face. 

I squint my eyes

I squint my eyes. "All of them?" I ask "Yes" she shrugs at me. Geez this women. "So if you need anything from the downworld, you will have to speak to me Ms... um?" She questions. "Herondale." I say looking at her dead in the eye. She raises her eyebrow. "Ah you're Aria Herondale. Meliorn told me all about you." She says giving me a look, one that I could not decipher. 

"Well, this is the nature of our new agreement." She says calmly. "You majesty, Valentine is after the mortal mirror. He believed we have here and won't leave without it. Which is why we need the help of the downworld. " Alec presents our case. "Our help? Why? So he can escape again?" she questioned rhetorically. They way she keeps getting on my nerve. "No so that we can execute him like we all wanted to begin with. It's the only way we can bring an end to this" I step forward saying sharply. She scanned me trying to see if I'm telling the truth. "Hmm while I'd like to believe you, how can we trust you?" She asks looking between me and Alec. 

Alec's POV 

I step forward, clenching my fists. "We understand that the incident with the soul sword has caused a lot of mistrust and now with Valentine's escape... we are truly sorry. But as long as we remain transparent with each other we can successfully win together." I try convincing her. "And how far have we gotten?" She says bitterly. "It's a work in progress your majesty. But i have full faith that we can create change together and for that we need your help." I argue.