Ch.69 Echromai [Part 3]

-Previously in part 2-  

"I came here to ask you for your assistance," Magnus confessed, his gaze unwavering.

Asmodeus's fury erupted like a tempest, his voice echoing through the chamber as he unleashed his power upon Magnus. "A favor?! After coming into my home and insulting me like this?! What kind of fool do you take me for?" Magnus approached Asmodeus, undeterred by his father's wrath.

"The kind whose love for his chosen son might outweigh his pride."

Alec's POV

My heart clenched with worry as they were delivered the unsettling news. My mind raced, trying to comprehend the implications of Jace's involvement in Clary's escape from the Gard.
"Dammit Jace!" I muttered, with disbelief.

Izzy shook her head, her expression troubled. "We need to find Clary before Lilith gets her claws any deeper into her." I nod grimly, determination flaring within me. "Agreed. We have to bring her back before it's too late."

As we left, my phone buzzed in his pocket. With a sinking feeling in his stomach, he retrieved it, his eyes widening at the message flashing on the screen. "It's Aria," Alec murmured, his voice strained with concern. "She's getting worse."

Izzy's brow furrowed in worry. "I'll try to track Clary, hopefully we can, you go check on Aria and call mom, tell her to find Luke". With a heavy heart,  I dialed mom's number, my fingers trembling slightly as I waited for her to pick up. "Mom, it's Alec," he began, his voice tight with worry. "We need your help. Aria's condition has worsened, and we can't handle this alone. Izzy is tracking Clary. Please, bring Luke with you."

There was a brief pause before her voice came through the line, filled with concern. "Of course, Alec. We'll be there as soon as we can. Just hold on a little longer."

As I ended the call, a sense of urgency washed over me. Time was running out, and they needed to act fast to save both Jace, Clary and Aria from the clutches of darkness that threatened to engulf them all. 

I ran to the infirmary, hurrying to Aria's side, my heart wrenching at the sight of her pale face twisted in pain. I knelt beside her bed, my hand reaching out to gently grasp hers. "Aria," I whispered softly, his voice laced with concern. "I'm here love, I'm right here"

Aria winced, her breath coming in shallow gasps. "I-I can't take it, Alec. The pain...it's unbearable." my  heart ached more as I saw the agony etched across her face. "I know, Aria. But we're going to get through this together, I promise." 

Tears welled in Aria's eyes as she squeezed my hand tightly. "Please, Alec. Make it stop." My throat tightened with emotion, my own eyes covered with unshed tears. "I wish I could, love. I wish I could take away all your pain."Aria's voice trembled as she spoke, her words filled with anguish. "I feel so useless, Alec. So confused. I don't know what's happening to me." My heart broke further at the despair in Aria's voice. "You're not useless, Aria. You're one of the strongest people I know. And we'll figure this out together, I promise." Aria gave me a weak smile. 

New York Police Department

The police station buzzed with activity as Luke strode in beside Lt. Dwyer, tension crackling in the air like static electricity. 

Dwyer's piercing gaze bore into Luke, his tone sharp and accusatory. "Give me something. Anything that makes sense of why you were found on the street with a crossbow and rappelling gear," Dwyer demanded, his voice cutting through the din of the station.