Ch.35 Stronger Than Heaven

[A/N: Hey guys, just a reminder as I said previously, I have been very busy with work and is jam packed for me which makes it difficult to sit down and find the time to write, But I'm trying my best to update the next chapters asap by working on it after work. It is going slower than expected so bare with me. That being said enjoy this chapter!] 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Previously on Deaths Door- 

"She's not dead" Magnus says. Everyone looked at him in confusion. "What? but she's not breathing" Jace sniffles. "yeah but despite having a hole in her chest she barely bleed out... Maybe it has something to do with her powers? and her body is a warm not cold. We should take her back to the institute" he says. I nod. I will do anything to bring her back. Izzy helps me pick her up. And we portal back to the institute. 

Alec's POV

Once we portal back to the institute, I run to the infirmary with Aria in my arms. "By the angel what happened?" My mother freaking out as she saw what state Aria is in. "Mom! Valentine did this. I need the all medics on deck I don't care I'm not losing her!" I panic. Magnus starts intrusting various things. "Alec is Valentine..." Mom whispered. "He's dead." I say dryly. "Its going to be okay Alec" she pulls me into a hug. "Mom I can't live without her...I just can't" I sobbed. 

Jace came running in. "I talked to grandma, she on her way" he says. I nod. "Oh my child come here!" Mom beckoned Jace. They share a tight hug. "She'll be okay" she whispered. "I hope so" Jace replied. "I believe Magnus. I'm sure she be back on her feet soon!" Jace hugged me. "Why don't you freshen up. We've had a long day" Izzy said walking in sadly. "No I'm not leaving her" I protest. "Alec common! Mom tell him" She pleads. "Alec she's right. You'll be back here right after. Jace take him" Mom instructed. "Common buddy" Jace says dragging me to my room.

I splash water on face, trying to grasped everything that has happened. It made me realise that life is way to short. I walk out, Jace sat there waiting. "Hey feeling better?" he asked. "I will be, you?" I say. "Same here man" He sighs getting up. "Hey Jace" I stop him from walking out. "yeah?" he questioned. "I wanted to ask you something" I say. "Sure what's up?" Jace leaned against the door frame. 

"I uh

"I uh... I know it hasn't been long. But I really love your sister and the fact that life is unpredictable, it scares me. Like I'm scared right now. When she wakes up I want to ask her to marry me. So I wanted to ask you if you're okay with that?" I look at Jace with hope. His eyes widen as he fully process what I just said. "I've  told you this before Alec, there is no one else I'd trust with her life. So yeah you have my permission!" He smiled hugging me. "Thanks!" I whisper. "Now lets go see what's going on" he says. I nod following him out. 

Izzy's POV 

"How did this all happen?" Mom asked watching Jace and Alec walk away. I filled her in on some details. "She could have easily killed Valentine but sacrificed herself for Clary. The daughter of the man that killed her parents. Not everyone would do that." I say. Mom nods. "Indeed. I see why Alec and her get along." She says. Magnus walks out towards us. 

"She's stable, breathing but not on her own. Her wound is healing but it's slow. However I'm not sure when she'll wake up." Magnus sighs. "I noticed a mark on her hand that said A. L. It's safe to say thats Alec's initials. I bet Alec has hers too" Magnus reveals. "What does that mean?" I ask  "They are soul mates. I've never seen anything like this ever." he says. "Soul mates?" Alec voice comes from behind. He walks in with Jace. "Yes" Magnus replied.

Alec moves his down showing us the initials. "Wow! Amazing I knew you two were made for each other!" I smile at my brother. "Now Alec, I believe you can help" Magnus says. "How?" Alec questioned. "Your connection is the key. I think it will work." Magnus points out. 

Alec's POV 

I'll try anything. "What do I do?" I ask sitting beside her holding her hand. "Take a deep breath and think of all the memories you have together. Remind her of it." Magnus instructs. I do as I was told. I take a deep breath and close my eyes thinking of all the memories we have together. I felt some warmth. It's working? I think all the memories I want to make with her. Get married, have kids grow old. I need you to wake up Aria. I need you. We need you. Come back to me. To us. 

The warmth grew, I opened my eyes to see a bright yellow light surround us

The warmth grew, I opened my eyes to see a bright yellow light surround us. I look back at Aria. The light around us got brighter. That's when I see Angels appearing in the room, singing a sweet melody. Aria body rose, floating in the air. Everyone looked astonished at the scene being unfolded. They sang. It got more powerful. Sparks of flew around Aria. It looked like they were healing her. I guessed right. Suddenly it all stopped. The angels disappeared and I caught Aria as she fell. 

"Is she okay?" The rest ask as I set her down o the bed. "Let me take a look" Magnus steps in. He twirls his hand scanning Aria. "Amazing she looks completely fine, in fact insanely stronger" Magnus says. "Did it work?" Jace asked. "We should give her some time. I think her body is adjusting to the angels healing magic." Magnus says. "Meaning she's likely to stay asleep for longer.." I say sadly. "Yes we need to have patience" Magnus says. We all decided to get rest. I got permission to move Aria into my room. I layed down next to her hoping to wake up to her smile

 I layed down next to her hoping to wake up to her smile

"I love you" I whispered. 

[A/N: Hopefully you liked this chapter. I tried to make it dramatic as well lol what do you guys think? Magnus help stabilise Aria. Alec asks Jace a very important questions. YES!!! permission to MARRY Aria! Magnus reveals the mark on her hand that said A. L. to the others, concluding that Aria and Alec are soul mates. And their connection maybe the key to healing her. Angels appear in the room, sparks of flying. Angels disappear. Did it work? Coming next, Aria wakes up Imogen, Jace and Aria moments coming. A celebratory event for the end of Valentine. Clary becomes an official Shadowhunter. Alec talks to Maryse and Imogen about Marrying Aria. Jace  starts acting strange. So please look forward to it & Thank you for your patience! x M