Ch1. The Awakening

[S1 EP4: Raising Hell] Flashback: Jace's POV

Their meeting with Magnus turned out to be more than just the retrieval of Clary's memories.

"Right, so how we...well how do I summon the  memory demon?" Clary asks Magnus in desperation. He sighs, "Are you sure? summoning such a powerful demon can be lethal" as he walks towards her. 

"Yes, I will do anything to save my mother...anything. Where's the demon?" She looks at Magnus. "Alright then" He nodded. "okay. pretty boy, get your team ready" I was just about to walk towards Clary when I was stopped by Magnus. "I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to you" He points to Alec, my parabatai. I turned to look as Alec and he just shrugged as Izzy chuckled. Wow okay... I walk behind Magnus and Clary as he takes her to start the demon summoning process. 

We then heard Magnus call for us

We then heard Magnus call for us. "Okay. We are ready, each of you take your rightful places on the pentagram" he says as he prepares himself rolling up his sleeve. We all stand together holding hands. Immediately we feel a surge of powerful energy, I look at Alec, he eyes asking if we are doing the right thing. I slightly nod.

Once the bond, Magnus begins the ritual. "I will lead the ceremony, you all must to exactly what I say" as he clears his throat. " The demon's name is Valak, and he will ask for payment in exchange for Clary's memories. "what do you mean? what kind of payment?" I quickly ask nervously. "We will see. Let us begin" Magnus proceeds to chant, in different language. The necklace around Izzy starts glowing. it wasn't until long that we saw a large demon rise at the center of the pentagram. Felling the powerful energy push against us we all tightened our grips.

"Valak is among us. DO NOT BREAK THE BOND" Magnus yells as the demon continues to growl. "It is time. The demon demands it's payment!"

Alec yells asking Magnus "what does it want?", "We must each relinquish a beloved memory of the one we love the most" He replies. 

Izzy gasps as a memory Alec was taken from her. Clary had the memory of her mother taken, Alec has a memory of me and Izzy laughing taken. Then came my turn. I could feel the demon dig though my mind. That's strange. Suddenly I see a memory of a girl playing in the snow.