Ch.67 Erchomai [Part 1]

-Previously in Ruins of The Shadow-

As I do, I feel a sudden pain in my shoulder. "Ah" I groan. "Aria? what's wrong?" Simon panic's at my state. "Lilith...she's doing something" I heave in pain. "Hold on. I'll call Izzy" He says quickly dialing her number. "Jace" I whisper. I fall to the ground writhing in pain. "Izzy, you have to get here now!" Simon screams into his phone.

"What's wrong?" Izzy rushes in. "It's Aria. Something is wrong!" He says. "By the angle, Ari-we need to get her to the infirmary." She says. Simon lifts me up. "Alec...c-call Alec" I say try to shift my focus on something other than the pain."Lay her down" A voice said. "Jace.." the last thing I say before passing out. 

Aria's POV

As I drifted in the void between consciousness and oblivion, flashes of fragmented memories danced behind my closed eyelids. There loomed a sense of unease, a foreboding whisper that spoke of unseen dangers lurking just beyond the horizon.

"Aria," Izzy's voice cut through the haze, her tone laced with concern. "Can you hear me?"

I felt a hand brush against my forehead, cool and soothing against the searing heat that threatened to consume me. It was Alec, his touch of balm to my shattered nerves. When I finally opened my eyes, I found myself in a dimly lit room, the soft glow of candlelight casting eerie shadows against the walls. My senses slowly returned, the dull ache of pain throbbing in my shoulder as I struggled to sit up.

"Easy now," Alec said, his tone gentle yet tinged with concern. I turned to see Magnus Bane standing beside me, his eyes filled with a mixture of relief and apprehension. "Magnus," I croaked, my voice hoarse from disuse. "Lilith..."

"I figured. This is getting out of control. I am trying my best I promise you Aria" Magnus explained, his expression grim. A shiver ran down my spine at the mention of Lilith, the powerful demoness whose influence loomed over the supernatural realm like a shadowy specter. I had faced her wrath before, but never had her malice felt so palpable, so suffocating in its intensity.

"We'll find a way to stop her," Izzy said, her voice firm with determination. "We won't let her win." I nodded, grateful for her words of encouragement. But even as she spoke, a nagging doubt gnawed at the edges of my mind. Lilith was cunning, her power vast and unpredictable. And if Magnus couldn't find a way to counteract her magic...

I reached out for Alec, relieved to feel his familiar touch. "I'm here love. I'm right here." he kissed my forehead, tears welling up in my eyes. "Alec. I'm scared. She's hurting Jace. I can feel it"He pulled me into his arms, holding me tight against his chest. "I won't let anything happen to you, or Jace" he vowed, his voice fierce with determination. "I promise." And as I clung to him, drawing strength from his presence, I knew that together, we would face whatever darkness lay ahead. For love was a powerful weapon, a light that could banish even the deepest shadows.

The infirmary was filled with tension as  Alec, Izzy, and I waited anxiously for any news on my condition. Magnus had been working tirelessly, poring over ancient tomes and consulting with other warlocks in an attempt to unravel the affliction that had befallen me. As the hours stretched on, I could feel the weight of uncertainty pressing down on me, the fear of the unknown threatening to consume me whole. 

Suddenly, the silence was shattered by the sound of footsteps approaching, and we all turned to see Magnus striding into the room, his expression grave."It's worse than I thought it was..." he announced, his voice tinged with urgency. I felt a knot tightening in my stomach as Magnus continued, his words sending a chill down my spine. "I don't think she wants to control you... not anymore, the mark....It's designed to slowly drain your life force, feeding her power and weakening you in the process. Eventually her aim is to kill." he explained, his eyes flashing with anger. I felt a surge of fear at his words, the realization of the danger I was in hitting me like a ton of bricks. Lilith - the name alone was enough to send shivers down my spine, her influence stretching far and wide, her power unmatched by any other demon.

It all makes sense. Giving Jace the ultimatum of my death.  To have more power over him. 

"What can we do? There has to be something?" Alec demanded, his voice tense with worry.Magnus hesitated for a moment, his brow furrowed in concentration. "I have an idea" he said finally, his tone somber. "But it's dangerous. It involves my father and asking for his assistance." I felt a shiver run down my spine at the mention of Asmodeus. 

"That can't be our only option, Asmodeus? Really?" Izzy paces back and forth. "It's been hundreds of years since you banished your father, what makes you think he'll listen to your request let alone help?" Alec frowns. "We have to try," Magnus said firmly, his gaze wavering between us. "We can't just sit here and do nothing while Aria and Jace suffer. Besides he owes me one." I felt a swell of gratitude towards Magnus, his unwavering support a testament to the strength of our friendship. 

"Fine, but at least let Alec arrange for back up" I pleaded in pain. "I agree, we don't have Lilith under control, if another greater demon gets loose, it could put everyone in more danger" Izzy nodded. "That won't be necessary. Fortunately  for everyone, my father won't be traveling topside" Magnus gives a sad smile. "What do you mean?" Alec asked "The pentagram I'll use isn't for summoning Asmodeus to earth...it's for sending someone to Edom, in this case me" Magnus revealed. Alec, Izzy and I gasp. "Absolutely not!" simultaneously objecting.  

 "We need his help, besides I'll do whatever it takes to stop Lilith and save everyone!" Magnus calmly stated. "This is insane" Alec mumbled. "I'm doing this for my friends. For my family. You guys are worth it" He smiled. "Magnus you better come back in one piece do you understand!" I sniffled. Tears threatening to spill. 

"I'll be back in no time" 

[A/N: Guess who's back. Thought I'd drop one chapter before my break starts as a thank you waiting so patiently. I still have another week of work before I'm free. I'm trying to get everything together so that I can spend time on giving good quality writing to you guys from 21st March onwards!! Hope you like this chapter. New chapters are coming next weekend! Stay tuned x M]