Ch.65 Familia Ante Omnia [Part 1]

-Previously on Voices-

"Why would she want to use me?" I ask. "Because you are like a key. The only living archangel. You can protect and you can destroy. If she has both you and your brother, she unstoppable" Magnus says. Alec and Izzy gasped.

That's when I realised. "All this time I was a weapon. The order of my slumber, me waking up, being vulnerable and not in control of myself makes it easier for anyone to use me. It was never about protecting me." I say bitterly. "Those bastards" Alec whispers, holding my hand tight.

"So what do we do now?" Izzy asked. 

Aria's POV

The frown never left my face. 

"Is there no way to get rid of this mark?" I ask. "Unfortunately not. The only way is to get rid of Lilith completely. Basically that leaves us no choice but to save Jace and protect you at the same time" Magnus sighs. 

My frown deepens

My frown deepens. What Magnus said struck a nerve. Am I really that weak? 

"We start by saving Jace. I've found another way" he says. "How?" Alec asks. "Based on your descriptions it seems like Lilith has Jace locked in some kind of mental cage. The only solution is to break that cage by blasting Jace with enough magic to eviscerate her presence." Magnus explained. 

"And you have the power to do that?" Alec sceptically eyed him. "Nope, but I will. I found a synthesiser spell in the Book of the White that will allow me to temporally channel the magic of other warlocks" He replies. "How many warlocks?" Izzy asks "About a dozen to match Lilith's strength. I have to call in some favours but it should work" He says. 

"Why do I feel like there's an incoming 'BUT'" I say. "You guessed right. There's a tiny catch. We will need the high warlock permission to organize something on this scale" Magnus sighs again.

Me, Izzy and Alec look at each other. "Lorenzo" I mumbled. 

Alec's POV

You have got to be kidding me. "Convincing Lorenzo is going to be hard but we can do it. Together" Aria took my hand. "Together" I say squeezing her hand. "Right, you two go ahead. I'll see if I can find a way to get a word on Clary" Izzy says. We nod. 

Aria and I waked out to go meet Lorenzo. "So how are we going to do this?" I ask. "I don't think inflating his ego is going to work again" She says "Then we go with the flow" I says. She nods. 

We reach his loft. There is no turning back. For Jace. For Aria. No way in hell am I going to let Lilith win. 

Three knocks later the door opened. "Ah what a surprise! Mr. and Mrs. Lightwood. Come in" He invited up in. We smiled. "Take a seat. Would you like some tea?" He asks. "That would be lovely" Aria accepts his offer. "Thank you" She whispers. "Now to what do I owe this pleasure?" He asks.