Ch.60 A Walk In Darkness [Part 1]

-Previously on The Owl-

"Why do I get the feeling you two already knew this" Izzy frowns looking at me and Aria. "Sort of. The dying part yes. The owl part, not till now. I just didn't think it would have come to this. but here we are unfortunately. Alec didn't know unit a few days ago. Clary confessed to me, Jace made me a promise but I broke down and told Alec. I'm sorry Izzy. I really am" Aria apologises to Izzy. I could tell Izzy was upset but she understood.

"Now we need a plan" Magnus says

Aria's POV

We all gathered around to try and formulate a plan on how to save Jace. 

"Wait! Jace was able to reverse Luke's colleagues possession remember? If we can find Jace then we can find Jace we can save everyone else" Izzy says. "We tried that but he has to be using his anti tracking rune" Clary responds. "The owl has exactly been shy before. If we somehow manage to contain him the next time he makes an appearance we might be able to relieve him of Lilith's influence" Magnus says. 

"We?" Luke and Clary ask simultaneously. Magnus looks at me. Alec and Izzy frown. They aren't going to like this.. "He means me. It complicated but I can take on Jace. I can be bait" I say with determination. "No! You are not going to be bait!" Alec says firmly. "Alec we don't have a choice. He's my brother. Even you can't stop me Alec. Please just trust me. I need all of you to trust me" I pleaded. They all nodded. "Fine" Alec mumbles, frustrated at our limited options.

"But how on earth are we going to contain him?" Luke questions. "When I took over as weapons master, I read about a piece of clave technology that never made it into the field. Its called the Malachi configuration" Izzy reveals. 

"Malachi the traitor?" Alec raises his brow. "He invented some kind of cage that can hold greater demons, since he was taken down it's just been sitting in the Alicante armory" Izzy says. "So we go there and get it" Clary concluded. "Do you really expect the clave to just hand it over?" Luke questions. "No, but my grandmother might." I say. "I know a way to get Jace's location" Luke said.

"We'll go with Clary" Alec says sending a request for a portal. " Great, meanwhile I'll go find a cure" Magnus says hurrying off. I wanted to talk Magnus about how to be bait, plus I knew he was feeling guilty about what he did so I went after him but a grip on my hand stopped me. "Can we talk? Please?" Alec asked. Sighing I nod. 

Alec's POV

"Can we talk? Please?" I ask softly. She nods. I take her to my office. I close the door and have her sit. "I wanted to apologise for my outburst. I'm sorry. I should have supported your decision. I shouldn't hav-" She interrupted me with a kiss. 

"It's okay

"It's okay. Alec I never doubted your support me. I knew you acted that way because you're scared. So am I but we both know we are running out of time. So lets do this together okay" She smiled. "Together" I sadly nodded.