Ch.23 Restoring Unity

Aria's POV

Alec was nervous about making todays announcement but it had to be done. "It's going to be okay Alec!" I whisper to him as we walk to the main area. "They won't like this.." He mumbled. "I know but you are the leader, they cannot defy you. Besides this is for sake of our world. If they can't understand that then it's on them" I say. "Remember I'm right here!" I give him a kiss. I feel him relax. We pull away smiling. 

He takes a deep breath "May I have all your attention!" His voice beams and everyone to gather around. "We have lost seven of our own, but to allow one seelie to define the entire downworld is wrong, the same way Valentine does NOT define us" He pauses. "So, to restore unity with our allies, we will be hosting a regular cabinet meeting here at the Institute with all the Downworld leader of New York" he finishes.

 "So, to restore unity with our allies, we will be hosting a regular cabinet meeting here at the Institute with all the Downworld leader of New York" he finishes

The next second whispers broke out. Some for it. Some against. I could tell Alec was trying his best to control his nerves. I could here some question his leadership and his relationship with me as a Herondale. "Please lets make them feel welcome!" I say loudly grabbing everyone's attention. "And if you have any issues you can bring it up with the inquisitor. We need to do everything we can do protect our world. So it would be much appreciated if you all can follow he orders given" I say more authoritatively in support of Alec. 

He dismisses everyone and turns to me. "Thank you!" he whispers. "Always" I whisper back. We join Izzy, Jace and Clary who were chatting away. "Hey! good going with the speech!" Jace said. "Thanks" Alec says. "Right so I need you and Clary to go to the Seelie court." Alec says to Jace and Clary. "Why? What do they want?" Clary asks. "A meeting has been set to discuss the rogue seelie crimes and she's requested Valentines child to talk to, which is you." I point out. She sighs agreeing to do so. "Where is the Seelie court?" she asked. 

"Central Park is the nearest entrance" Izzy said to Clary. "Do you think the seelie Queen is really the one responsible for the attacks?" clary questioned. "That's what you need to find out" I say. "That would make sense, that way her hands wont get dirty and she won't get caught, plus only the queen is smart enough to pull something that big." Jace says.

"Right so we need to find out if she complicit, for all we know the seelie world could be turning against us" Alec sighed as the possibility

"Right so we need to find out if she complicit, for all we know the seelie world could be turning against us" Alec sighed as the possibility. "Easy! Seelie's can't lie"  Clary said with confidence, only for it to falter. "But the Queen can manipulate the hell out of it. She is queen for a reason. Do not underestimate Clary" Izzy warns her. "Especially, since she asked for you. She must be up to something. So be careful! Both of you!" I say with concern. They nod heading off.