i can't sleep.

"Mom!"

Delilah turned back to face the open loft seeking out the familiar face the voice belonged to.

Issac staggered into the room with Allison. Neon paint splattered their bodies, curling across their necks and faces in crude florescent brushstrokes. While it all appeared subtle at first glance, Delilah couldn't help but be blinded by the pink from Allison's bralette and how it almost matched the colour rising up Issac's face. From the way the pair of them were leaning into each other, Delilah knew her and Issac would be having a very uncomfortable conversation in the very, very, near future.

Their close position was quickly broken apart by Ethan, who took a stumbling step forward from behind them. If his current state told her anything, he was about ready to pass out. He let out a pained grunt as Allison grabbed his arm to steady him.

'What the hell is happening?" Scott yelled as his footsteps clanged on the staircase as he made his way quickly down the steps to their level, a girl Delilah didn't know hot on his heels. "I thought I heard Der..."

For an alpha he still seemed to hold a sizeable amount of fear when it came to the older beta. Or perhaps it was his wife who looked on with murder in her eyes.

Scott gulped and opened his mouth to say more when Delilah let out a low hiss that blended almost melodically with Derek's growl.

For every single person she recognized in that room, there was another she did not know.

She at first thought the cloaked figures in the centre of the room were stragglers from the party, dressed in costumes to cause mischief in celebration of Halloween night but the skin on the back of her neck pickled in warning.

Wisps of smoke spun off of bodies and disappeared into the fading light. There, but not there as they seemed to be present if only for moments before fading again. And if it weren't for the long swords slowly revealed from their chest cavities, she would have laughed at the strange display and wouldn't instead feel the painful lurch in her heart or the taste of blood on the tip of her tongue.

The tip of one of their swords brushed the ground and it felt like a switch had been flipped as Scott moved first, then Derek.

Scott tackled one, while Derek wrapped his arms around another. With a vicious twist of his hands, he wrenched the neck of the thing to the side, surprising even Delilah in his sudden brutality. The body collapsed to the floor in a heap. Derek turned his attention to the next as he stepped over the limp form, intent on moving closer to his wife.

A sickly crackle filled the air as the mass on the ground began to move and with a snap forced its neck back into its rightful place.

Derek growled in frustration when he realized the thing was already back on its feet. Its head turned in Delilah's direction so its masked face could settle directly upon her.

Delilah shivered as it felt like cool water was slowly dripping down her back, between the two white wings of her costume.

Derek moved again, putting his body between it and her.

"No, you don't," Derek roared as he tried to take it down again, drawing its attention away from Delilah.

Delilah backed away quickly as she took the window of opportunity to usher Danny and Lydia out of the room with as soft of a shove as she could muster. She needed to make sure they were out of danger and if she had to kick them down the stairs to do so, then she wouldn't hesitate.

Bones cracked behind her as Derek landed against the wall next to the stairs, his arm twisted at a painful angle and his voice a mixture of pain and fury.