all smiles.

It was safe to say that Melissa was entirely distracted by the couple's news as nobody left the office until Tara came in to grab the Sheriff for a matter that needed his attention.

"Okay, I'm thinking we sit down and start planning right away." Melissa said as they walked out the station door. She paused mid step and a look of desperation crossed her face. "Wait there will be a wedding right? You two won't go behind our backs and elope will you?"

Delilah looked at Derek who was brushing his knuckles softly down her back and gazing gently back. He would do what ever she wanted. They could get married in Peter's old hospital room for all he cared, just as long as he got to call her his wife by the end of the day.

"We haven't made any plans yet, but I'll keep you in the loop mama bear." Delilah promised. 

"Good, good."Melissa's eyes began to tear up again before she pulled the couple into a tight hug. "I'm just so happy for the two of you."

Scott watched his mom from the front seat of her car. Melissa had obviously forgotten she had sent her son to wait there almost an hour ago and his frown of annoyance was almost comical.

Melissa finally noticed Scott and her look of happiness from the engagement news slipped away. Delilah knew Melissa was trying to put on a look of tough love.

"I'll call you later, okay?" Delilah said as the group parted ways. 

"Well that was exciting," Delilah said to Derek. "but you don't seem too surprised by what just happened."

Derek held up his phone. "Erica and Boyd tracked Jackson last night. And they didn't engage like you asked. They actually sent updates but I didn't read them until this morning. We were a bit occupied."

"Mr. Hale, are you saying I'm a distraction?"

"Completely."

Delilah laughed. "I'm sure Erica is chopping at the bit to see us. I won't be surprised if she tells me she has already deputized herself as wedding planner extraordinaire." She held her hands out in front of her to emphasize Erica's imaginary title. 

Derek groaned as he thought about what the blonde would suggest they do. He assumed there would be lots of sparkle and a weird amount of leopard print. Eloping was starting to sound really good.

"Don't worry Der. I've already got some ideas. How do you feel about a lunar event."

"Like what? A new moon?"

Delilah slide into the car as Derek followed suite.

"Well no, a full moon is obviously out of the question but there is a lunar eclipse that is predicted with in the next few months."

Derek froze. "Do you know what happens to a werewolf during a lunar eclipse?"

"I've read about it. Losing your connection to the moon is suppose to be a humbling experience. And If you're okay with it, I would like to have a chance to tie the knot during something cosmic. And if it doesn't I think there is a comet or something coming up in a year or so."

"You're such a sap." Derek laughed. He had experienced a few dozen eclipses in his life and they were a unique experience to say the least. When he first felt the moon slip away he felt lost but with time and as he aged, he had come to enjoy the sensation. He wondered how he would feel with Delilah next to him. Would his feelings for her be heightened as all of his energy would be focused entirely on her? If that was even possible?

"Oh I can't deny that. Think about it and if you like it we can talk about it more."

"Nothing to think about," he said. "If I knew Noah wouldn't chase me down, we would head straight to the court house right now," Derek leaned in close. "I'd have you thrown over my shoulder faster than you can say I do."