slow breath.

Everything was moving in slow motion as Derek watched Delilah fall.

He tried to force his body to move forward but it felt like he was running through water. No matter how hard he willed his legs to go, they were weighed down and as he sunk further into his spot he realized he was beginning to drown.

Scott was screaming at him and Stiles was already by Delilah's side trying to stop the bleeding.

"Derek." Scott mouthed.

Derek couldn't hear anything. A high pitched ringing filled his ears and his body was being too violently shaking. 

"Derek!" Scott screeched as he tried to snap the man out of it.

"Stop yelling at him," Lydia yelled. "Can't you see he is having a panic attack?"

Lydia was leaning next to Stiles who had his hands pressed down on his balled up jacket to stop the blood flow from Delilah's side. Stiles was frantically looking at Lydia who appeared overly calm next to him.

Derek staggered forward as the ringing continued to fill his ears. He was beginning to hyperventilate.

Lydia's hands and shirt were now covered in her blood.

"Lilah?" Derek croaked.

She didn't move as he called out her name. Derek tripped on the grass as his legs finally staggered forward. He crawled closer to her collapsed form.

"Derek."

Issac was screaming next to him on the ground but he ignored the boy as he tried to see Delilah's face.

"Derek."

Her eyes were half open and she didn't appear to be focusing on anything.

"Derek."

Her chest wasn't moving and he couldn't pin point her heart beat as the ringing wouldn't stop. It just wouldn't stop.

"Derek."

Allison had her phone to her ear as she tried called someone. Scott was trying to calm her down but she kept telling him to shut up.

"Derek."

Reaching for her, Derek shakily cradled her small hand in his larger one. It felt cold but she usually was and he relished whenever she would snuggle into his side to take advantage of his extra warmth. This cold felt different.

"Derek."

Stiles and Lydia were still working on either side of her and Derek reached to move that one persistent curl that always fell in front of her face. His hand left a streak of blood across her forehead.

"Derek."

"Derek, we need to move her. She needs to get to the hospital. Now!"

He dumbly nodded, now comprehending he was being spoken to. Allison frantically brought out towels from Scott's house to trade out Stiles now soaked jacket. Derek watched as the new material was quickly pressured into her side.

"Hold this here," Lydia said as Stiles jumped out of the way to allow Derek to slide in closer. The towel was in his hand and it didn't escape his notice that it wasn't absorbing her blood. 

"Guys, we have to go now, she is losing too much blood."

"I don't think she's bleeding anymore," Stiles whispered as his hands dug into the grass he tightly clutched in his hands. 

Derek ignored what the boy had said and as gently as possible moved to gather her into his arms. She easily moved with him and Derek tried to smile at how small she looked. His Delilah, always curled up so easily against him.