ropes.

"Just a a little to the left. Further, a bit further. Right there, don't you dare move Derek....Derek....Derek!"

Derek caught Delilah as she fell back into his arms and lightly bit her lip with a loving kiss.

"I told you I would catch you if you fell."

"Yes, well, if it had fit in the first place, I wouldn't needed to shove it in like I did."

Derek rolled his eyes, "I told you Issac probably could have done it. He's a lot has smaller than me."

"Well I didn't want to wait for him to come home from school."

"Always so impatient," Derek muttered as he placed her down on the ground.

Kissing her hand softly he stepped away to see if the ladder would finally move across the shelves without any issue. Grabbing onto one of the lower rungs he gave it a shove and watched it slide with out issue to the other side of the room.

Delilah jumped with glee.

"I still can't believe you were able to put this together so quickly," she marvelled.

She looked across the large room. Shelves had been expertly crafted into the cement walls, all the way to the top of the ceiling. A bronze bar jutted out from the top and allowed for a tall ladder to swing across the many titles that would soon fill the walls with ease.

"I thought it would put a smile on your face." He chuckled with his hands tucked into his pockets. He had a small blush dusting his face as she watched her run her hands across the empty surfaces.

He had taken the time to build her a library. Granted the books weren't on the shelves yet but he had made a space to ensure the books they saved from the house would be easily accessible while they contemplated if the house could be repaired or if they would consider a rebuild. What ever they decided they would do so together.

Derek wasn't sure how she would like the floor in the building he had picked out as their new library, but seeing the smile light up Delilah's face replaced all of his doubts. Instead, his stomach was now full of butterflies as he watcher her sit on the floor next to the plethora of boxes filled with the surviving books from the house.

Her hair was tied up with a thick scrunchie exposing the long column of her neck. Derek's shirt slipped slightly off her shoulder and he admired the slight splattering of freckles the newly revealed skin showcases. They seemed to sparkle in the sunlight.

He sat back in the reading chair that Delilah insisted they bring with them from their bedroom. You could barely smell the smoke that settles across its surface. 

Their bedroom was spared, though the room next to it wasn't so lucky as the flames from the living room licked through the floorboards and darkened the entire room in a cloud of ash.

They were so fortunate they hadn't gotten hurt. Derek was still furious with the hunters but he knew to pick his battles wisely with Delilah. If she said she wanted to talk to Chris before moving forward with charges then he would respect her wishes, even if he strongly disagreed with them.

Right now he would bite his tongue, even if that left a slight taste of copper in his mouth from how hard he needed to do so. Delilah was safe in front of him, happily sorting out the stacks and twisting a loose curl between her fingers. He would settle for that.

He leaned further into the chair as it pushed against one of the empty shelves and put his feet up on one of the boxes as he admired her.

"Why are you so beautiful?" He asked earnestly as he rested his hand in the palm of his hand.