"I've gotta go." I say with a small but excited smile. I press a small kiss to mums cheek, she sends me a knowing look.

"Be careful." She warns voice firm, her hand reaching to give mine a comforting squeeze. I nod at her words, she doesn't mean just be careful today with Daniel and we both know it. "Have fun!" She cheers as I move away slipping out of the room and down the hall.

"I will!" I reply as I skip down towards the front door, reaching for the bag I've packed under Daniel's instruction. When I open the door he's stood there, long legs outstretched as he leans against the door of the new car he has this week. It's a jeep of some sort and (as always, as everything with him seems to be) just dreamy. He's dressed in his usual relaxed fit tee, dark jeans and vans. It makes me all the more confident in my jeans and vest combo for the day (with trainers, as instructed, of course).

"Hey birthday girl!" Daniel cheers. I'm on a slow jog until I meet him by the car. My bag is dropped onto the gravel of the short driveway so that I can envelope my arms around his neck, clinging to him at the words.

"Hi." I grin in reply as Daniel wraps his arms around me. He swings me around a little in front of him and I make a small squeal of surprise in response to the action. Excitement running through me. Dan only chuckles at the reaction, leaning to kiss my cheek sweetly as I grip to him tighter.

When he pulls away from the warm skin of my cheek I catch his face with my hand, fingers delicately touching his freshly trimmed facial hair to softly bring his lips to mine. The kiss is soft and short but just enough to have me wanting more, my body warming at the contact, butterflies readying in my stomach as they aslways seem to in his presence, but especially when his lips are on mine. We kiss slowly for what feels like long minutes, but is probably seconds.

"That's new." Daniel hums when we part, nuzzling his head into the crease of my neck as we continue to cuddle in the driveway. His fingers are running up and down my back in the way I like as I pull myself closer to his body. He takes in a final deep breath, squeezing me a little tighter in his grip before releasing me. His hands going to my hips, his usual spot to hold onto, as I'm kept at arms length as if he needs to take me in infront of him.

"Well, It's my birthday, I can do what I want." Is all I reply with a shrug. The words make him laugh and as it does everytime I have that effect on him, pride shoots around me. I love the sound of his laugh, I love even more being the one who makes him laugh.

"That it is." Daniel cheers with a grin, and I feel myself completely relax in his hold. "Are you ready for your birthday date?" He asks with a casual smile, his hands giving my hips one final firm squeeze before he reaches for the bag I'd ditched on the floor.

"I'm very excited to see what a date with thee Daniel Ricciardo has in store." I tease, as he leans again to brush his lips against my cheek.

"Oh, you should be." Daniel agrees with a smile, handing me his car keys as he heads towards the boot of the car, tossing my bag inside of it before pressing the button which closes it (yes, the car is that fancy you don't even have to close it yourself!). I weigh up the keys in my hand, leaning my weight against the car as Daniel types something on his phone. He looks dreamy when he relaxed. Although, come to think of it I'm struggling to think of a time where he doesn't look gorgeous. If I think about it too much my heart will get all fluttery and panicked as if it's overwhelmed with the feelings for him.

"Did you know your Dad's watching us?" Daniel suddenly asks, eyes still on his phone and my cheeks flush with the question, head snapping towards the window by the front door.