"Amber!" Michael calls and I turn around on my heels a little wide eyed, coffee still in hand. He waves me over and I approach him with a politer smile as he itches his head awkwardly. Michael shifts awkwardly in his seat his eyes flicking to Blake who only nods at him in encouragement. "Will you actually have a word with him?" He asks and I feel my cheeks flush. They overheard?

Not only had I not seen Michael, or Blake, arrive in this room, but I really thought Lan and I were speaking quiet enough to not be overheard. My mouth falls open, feeling uncomfortable by the sudden intrusion.

This area of the Mclaren building was hardly private or off limits, but our conversation kind of was. I should've been more thoughtful of what I was saying. If Daniel heard any of it his confidence could've been knocked or...I shake the panic out of my head. The last thing I want to do is add to his stress levels. There's no point in stressing though, nothing I said was harmful or mean, it was a casual conversation.

"You're really our last hope." Blake chips in, looking hopeless as he pushes around food on the plate infront of him. My eyes widen a little in surprise, it must be bad if they're enlisting my help. I don't get the impression Blake likes me much, I'm not sure if the reasoning behind it but he'd never been overly welcoming of me. Especially compared to how lovely Michael had always been. I try to make myself feel better by telling myself he's just quiet and we haven't had much of a chance to talk one on one. Daniels tried too.

"What do you mean?" I eventually stutter, my eyebrow raising in Michaels direction who just cringes a little at the question.

"He's in a...." Michael begins losing the words in his mouth.

"Strop?" I suggest the word, the two Australian men in front of me nod, looking entertained by the word. They agree to the description fairly quickly.

"I might put it more as sulking but...yeah." Blake hums, adjusting the glasses on his head as my mouth forms a small circle a quiet 'oh' leaving me in curiosity. "We've tried, but I think you might be the only way forward." He continues with a small roll of his eyes, the way he said 'you' is a little accusatory. Again, I try not to be offended instead hoping that the show of attitude is aimed at his friend.

Michael shrugs in his place again, the mood at this table is so subdued. Mike slouches back in his seat, passing me a packet of vitamins my way. "Don't need you getting sick again." He says as I assess the packet in my hands. I thank him quietly with a grin tucking the packet in my hand bag. "But yeah, you might wanna go and see him, I think seeing you would cheer him up." He says looking frustrated. It has me wondering what I could possibly be getting myself into.

"He can't be that bad." Surely?

"He's not." Michael concedes quickly a shake of his head. I shift awkwardly, taking a sip of my coffee. I most definitely should have sat down, I just didn't think this conversation would get so serious or be so long. When Lando disappeared I was left wondering if there was a chance I could catch up with Carlos before FP2. "He's just in his head when he doesn't need to be. I think you'd be able to help." Mike explains with a small smile on his face.

-

I find Daniel's room easily, I'm starting to know my way around the European paddocks quite easily by now. It's got the usual blue '3' painted on the door and a sticker reading 'Daniel's Room' plastered on the door.

"Hey," I greet entering the room, I make sure to press the lock on the door as I close it behind me. Daniel's eyes widen a little in surprise at my entrance. I didn't exactly knock after hearing Lando's voice echoing down a corridor.