"I don't really know, but I'm sure whatever reason it is, it's probably important. He will be back. Just you wait and see," Meg promised.

"Do you really think so?" Ruby questioned.

"I know so," Meg answered confidently. "Now why don't we get you home?"

********************

Ruby got to her cabin and went inside, only to find Regina waiting for her. "Where in the name of God were you? You better have a good explanation, Regina warned.

Ruby was in a very bad mood, especially with what was going on with Charlie. "I do have a great excuse but that doesn't mean I have to tell you it," Ruby yelled. Meg still hadn't left after walking her home, so she lingered in the bushes to hear what happened next.

"Watch your tongue you insolent brat. Now answer my question!" Regina commanded.

"No I will not take orders from you anymore!" Ruby screamed at

her, only to be answered with a hard slap. Her face even began to bleed, as Regina's long nails scratched her cheek. Meg winced when she heard the slap. Then, she ducked as Regina walked out of the cabin, and quickly returned with Devlin.

"What did you say to your mother you unpleasant child???? You better respect her or I will make you," Devlin threatened her.

"You are not my parents," Ruby told them. "I don't have to show any respect for immature adults who think they could boss anyone they want. I hate you both, and I am lucky you aren't my real parents. You two are both devils, that's what you are! And I will not do anything for you guys ever again! You can't make me."

Devlin grabbed Ruby's left arm and twisted it hardly, smiling at the sight of Ruby screaming from pain. "Say that one more time. I dare you." Ruby stayed quiet. "Yeah I thought so." Then, still twisting her arm more and more, he punched her stomach over and over, until she fell down from the pain. Then, he let go of her, and Regina came to finish her off. She grabbed her right hand and twisted that one 360 degrees. Then, she opened the door of the cabin, and she and Devlin took turns kicking her to the door of the mansion like a sack of potatoes. Meg couldn't bear to watch anymore, so she left, determined to quickly find Charlie so they can put an end to this once and for all.

Meanwhile, Regina took out a ring of keys and unlocked a door, revealing a wide and long concrete staircase. She kicked Ruby down, and watched with satisfaction as she painfully rolled down. She and Devlin quickly followed and Devlin opened one of the doors downstairs. It led to a small, musty room with something slimy and moldy all over the walls. The room was barely lit, and every inch of it was covered with bugs. The chilly room was empty, except for a metal pole in the center of the room. Regina moved her to the pole and forced her dress off. Ruby stood shivering in only her undergarments, and could barely move from all the pain. Then, Devlin pulled out a piece of rope and tied it to her hands, legs, and the pole. That forced Ruby to lie down on the floor in an uncomfortable position, with her bare stomach touching the freezing cement floor. Meanwhile, Regina was busy walking back and forth on Ruby's body, digging her pencil heels into her skin. Ruby gritted her teeth to keep from screaming or chattering, since it was really cold in her. Her skin was filled with goose bumps. Once Devlin finished, Regina and him started to leave the room.