"I could maybe agree to that." I reply coyly, trying my best not to get embarrassed and start clamming up. Daniel pointed out on Saturday night that when I get nervous I have a tendency to go quiet and play with my fingers awkwardly. I've been trying my best to prove him wrong every since, it's not going well. He's noticed things about me I wasn't even aware of myself. "What would this date involve?" I ask cautiously eyeing him as his right hand comes down to grasp my thigh.

"Well..." Daniel begins "I wouldn't want to ruin any birthday surprises." He says slowly making a clicking noise from his mouth as he hums in fake thought. His mouth drops to my side, nuzzling into my hair, breath tickling my ear a little. He laces a kiss to my cheek which makes a wave roll within me. I squirm under his touch, his hand tightening against the exposed skin of my thigh. "I can picture how it might end though."

The words are almost groaned in my ear and my head falls slightly back with them.

This man is going to be the death of me.

My eyes fall to the tanned tattooed hand against the skin of my thigh and I have to bite down on my lip to stop any sound from leaving me. My eyes instantly fix on the dark scratch of the number '3' on his finger. Focusing on it to not let a noise that could embarrass me fall from my lips.

And then it's all over.

The front door slams closed and I huff at the arrival of someone else here. Just as things were about to get interesting! I have to get a job and get out of here!

"Hello love birds!" Lando's voice greets in a dry cheer and I immediately scoot away a little from Daniel. Daniels grip on my thigh loosens hovering above any exposed skin before leaving me completely.

"Telling him?" He asks quietly so only I can hear. I send him a flat look.

Whilst I have been nervously avoiding the conversation I haven't exactly had a chance to speak to Lando. He's been endlessly busy with commitments for work and sponsorships, especially after the weekends race and my illness. Today is his first day off and even then he still has work things later today.

"Aren't you supposed to be playing golf?" I ask, ignoring Daniel's muttered enquiry and squinting at my brother, the sun in my eyes.

"Max ditched." He says bluntly taking a long drink of his water. "I have packing to do and notes to go over." Lando explains with a roll of his eyes and I nod in understanding. He likes to go over notes on the track before he gets there, watch videos of where he's gone wrong in the past (or got it right). "Aren't you supposed to be dying?" He eventually counters mockingly, I knew the interpolation of my words would come back at some point. I stick my middle finger up at him.

"Not anymore." I reply my voice dry as I gesture to the plate beside me. Despite me being a grown adult (literally turning 26 whole years old in exactly eight days), Mum said that I couldn't join in on the trip to Austria unless I was able to keep a full meal down. I've managed two so far - just to prove a point.

"Good." Lando muses and I smile at him sarcastically. "Well... cool." He finishes, reaching for the empty water bottle beside me and waving it around slightly. I nod at his indirect question agreeing to have my bottle refilled, we've always had a way of non-verbal communication. Oliver used to get endlessly frustrated at it, now he just ignores us.

"Don't stop flirting with each other on my account. By all means, please carry on!" Lando urges, calling from the doorway to the kitchen and I feel my cheeks heat. I grab the cushion neatly set out on the space beside me and throw it in Lando's direction. He just laughs catching it in his full hands, the assault not making an inch of difference as I mutter a 'please shut up' in his direction.