the yule ball

( snape ) 📜🖤

-fluff-
________________________
the Yule ball was approaching and y/n, much like every other girl at school, was excited to spend the night under the beaming lights that decorated the great hall along with her friends.

The morning of was hectic as students tried to find a last minute date and chatted with their friends about what hairstyle would suit them. It could be felt in the atmosphere that excitement and happiness was covering the grounds of Hogwarts, and smiles could be seen from miles away.
Classes were dismissed an hour early for the event, and kids skipped happily to their dorms to prepare themselves.
Voices clashed and mingled as y/n was walking along the hall quite hurriedly to catch up to her friends.

Fred's arm swig around her and landed on her shoulder and George lowered his head to meet her face to face.

"So did you find a date by any chance?" Fred asked cheekily.

"Hello to you as well Fredrick." Y/n replied. She sounded annoyed but she was actually smiling

"Well did you?" George pressed on

"If you must know, I have. I'm going with Ron"

As a last result to his failed attempts to find a date, Ron had asked y/n to accompany him to the yule ball as his date (although only as a friend) and she agreed since she wasn't interested in going with anyone else.
She wasn't interested in anyone romantically, at least not anyone her age. She had no problem going with Ron.

"You're going with Ron ?!" Fred exclaimed, while George gave an amused chuckle.

"Yea, I mean, there's nothing really wrong about that. He's my friend, he asked me. I wasn't necessarily planning on going with anyone in particular so, why not?"

"Seems quite desperate don't you think?" Fred bothered.

"Oh shut it. I don't really care what you have to say. We're just going as friends anyway."

"That's obvious." Said Fred
"Anyone with eyes can see he fancy's Hermione" George finished.

"He's just too stupid to make a move already."

The group walked until they decided to separate to go prepare for the evening that was to take place.
While y/n was excited and looking forward to the ball, she was upset about the events that took place the night before
__

"This cannot happen again, y/n. You'll be expelled and I will be fired."

"Where not doing anything wrong. I'm of age now. And besides we haven't even done anything except kiss. One time."

"It doesn't matter what we have or haven't done, or how many times we've done it. I am still your teacher, and that is what matters."

"So that's it. This just stops. You're just going to turn off you're feelings, you expect me to turn off my feelings?"

"If it means we won't get into any trouble.. then yes."

__

She was, of course, hurt that she needed to put the feelings she felt about Snape behind her, but she wasn't going to let him be the reason her night was glum.

She readied herself to the best of her abilities. Her hair, styled and curled to perfection, was thrown into a beautiful elegant updo, and small hairs framed her face beautifully. Her makeup consisted of black eyeliner, long eyelashes held in place by mascara, and lipstick that matched her face perfectly- the color was something between brown and beige- an odd combination but pulled her look together.
She styled some gold, thin necklaces, and put on pearl white earrings. She placed her favorite rings on her fingers and put on a single gold bracelet on her right wrist.