her.

( snape ) 📜🖤
-sad fluff-
________________________
"Professor, can you .. tell me about your wife?"

Severus looked up from the papers he was grading, his student sitting in front of him, serving his detention.

It was a first year named Aiden. Got into trouble for something he didn't do.
Snape took a particular liking to him, and offered to have him serve his detention with him.

Severus wasn't usually the "nice teacher" but his wife, y/n, really brought out the best in him.
After her death, he was left heartbroken.
                                  -
Y/n had taking a teaching position at Hogwarts 3 years back. Severus hadn't the slightest interest in her, but y/n would talk to him everyday whenever she could. Of course, feelings were caught.

It took Snape a while to trust her but once he did, they became practically inseparable. Students knew that y/n and Snape had a special type of bond.
They noticed how much he started to change and how y/n was good for him.

He opened up to her and began to develop feelings towards her as well.
Not long, they became official.

-   "Professor y/n... are you and Professor Snape.. together ?"

Y/n smiled to herself.
"Yes.. we are"

The class began to cheer and clap.
They really were perfect for each other.

Returning to teaching without her felt strange.
The whole school practically knew how much Snape loved y/n.
They were also affected by her death.

She was a breath of fresh air.
Kind, pure hearted, fun. She was truly the best.
                                   -
"Well.. my wife.. h-her name was y/n. She was a teacher here as well. Used to teach muggle history.

"How was she?"

Snape felt his eyes water and fill will tears at the memory of y/n. Her beautiful hair, majestic eyes. The very person that was y/n.

"She was truly the best person there ever was. She always brought out the best in me. After she died, a part of me died with her."
Snape looked down at his papers, a tear rolling down his cheek hitting the yellow parchment. He quickly wiped it away and began to grade again.

"I'm sorry she died.. she seemed really nice"

And she was.

"Yes.. she really was.."

Memories of y/n filled Snape's mind and his vision blurred up from more tears that were clouding in his eyes.

"I'm- I'm sorry Professor, I didn't mean to make you sad" said the student, seeing that Severus was getting emotional.

"No it's alright." He sniffled
"I'm glad that people remember her. I love talking about her. It keeps her memory alive." He tried to smile while a tear fell down his face again.

Before Severus had met y/n, he would had never been this vulnerable and raw with a student, but y/n have him the confidence to show his inside feelings.
More and more students began to warm up to Professor Snape. And soon, Snape wasn't the scary potions teacher or the grumpy Head of Slytherin. He was Professor Snape, one of the most loved teachers.

It seams strange to see Snape as a favorite teacher but he was.

Even if he never showed it or admit it, Snape always wanted his students to like him. He wanted to protect them and make sure the succeeded.
Even if he was hard on them, he wanted to teach to help kids.