CHAPTER 15- She Can't Be His...

♡ Too high a horse
For a simple girl to rise above it
They slammed the door on my whole world
The one thing I wanted
Now I'm running with my dress unbuttoned
Screaming "But Daddy I love him!"♡

—SIYA—

Delhi...

I'm back at home. My parents are happy about it as always, it's been two days since I came back. Today I'm going to tell my parents about Kabir. He told me that he won't be able to keep in touch for maybe a week or two because of work. I'm yet to look for an internship. I get ready and head downstairs and my parents are sitting on the sofa, discussing something.

"Siya, come here." My dad calls me.

"Yes, Papa?"

"We have to talk about something."

"Yeah, me too," I say.

"You go first." He says.

"Okay... Papa... You know... In college... Like, you know..." Words bitch words.

"What is it Siya? Don't hesitate." He says in a calm voice.

"Papa, there's a boy I like. I met him in college and we've been together for four years. We love each other a lot. His name is Kabir Singhania. He is from a good background and has gone to London for his internship, Kabir has topped college and his mom works in a large bank as the CEO. He's a very nice guy, Papa. He'll keep me very happy. He'll come back next year to ask for my hand in marriage. And I too want to marry him, Papa... And..." I tell him everything. He listens to me with patience and his expression is unreadable. My mom is looking at her feet.

"Anything else?" He asks me.

"No, Papa. What do you think? Please meet him once."

"Siya, are you a daughter of the Mehra household?" He asks in a casual tone.

"Yes."

"Do you have some responsibilities towards the family?"

"Yes, Papa."

"Then listen to me, our business is suffering a huge setback. We are finished. And Mehra Enterprises will be gone if don't do something quick... Varun is ready to provide us financially and in a way such that the business will not go out of the family."

"Why are you telling me all this? We were discussing my future, right?"

"We are discussing your future, Siya." What? How? What does the business have to do with my future?

"I don't understand?"

"You have to marry Varun's son, Vivaan. You met him once, remember?" What the fuck?

"Papa, I don't want to marry Vivaan. I don't even like him."

"I don't remember asking you. This is your father's order. You'll get married to Vivaan and it'll be beneficial for everyone. Including you." He says in a firm voice. He can't be serious.

"But, I love someone else. What about Kabir?"

"End it. Forget him and start a new life. You're getting married next week. You don't need an internship. We'll manage, whenever you want to do a job."

"Papa, please don't do this. This isn't fair. Please. I don't like Vivaan, how am I going to spend my life with him? Please, Papa." I start crying. My dad is unaffected. I don't recognise this man. I run to my room and throw myself on the bed. I'm still crying. My mom walks in.

"Siya."

"No Mumma. Please don't do this to me. I can't marry someone else. Please talk to dad."

"Siya, we women don't have a choice in life. We must sacrifice and compromise on our desires when the family needs them. Please baby, today your family needs you to make a sacrifice. Forget that boy."

"I can't mom. I love him."

She leaves the room. Why did I come back? I drift to sleep while sobbing.

Two days later...

I haven't eaten anything since the day I've come home and it's my engagement today in the evening. My dad calls me down.

"Why aren't you getting dressed?" The entire house is decorated with flowers and lights.

"I'm not getting engaged." I cut him off. He smiles.

"You will get engaged today." He says.

"No, dad. I'm not going to be anyone else's other than Kabir." I bluntly state.

"Oh is it? Tell me one thing, his mother's name is Maansi Singhania, right? And Kabir is interning in the bank his mom works for? Also, he is tall and has a piercing on his left ear. Am I right, Siya?" His smile sends chills down my spine.

"Ye... Yes. How do you know?"

"My men are there in London." He steps closer to me. This man is my father? No.

"They are keeping track of your boyfriend, a hardworking guy though, he's doing sixteen-hour shifts there, very impressive. Anyway, if you cause any more trouble with your marriage, Siya Mehra, listen carefully. All I need to do is, make a call, my men shoot your boyfriend and the innocent guy loses his life. You understand, right?" He looks straight into my eyes. I fall to the floor. I don't know what to do. I start screaming, tugging at my hair.

"Will you marry Vivaan?"

"Papa, please," I beg him.

"Will you marry him?" The heartless monster asks.

"Papa, don't do this to me, I'm your daughter. Please, papa." I'm at his feet.

"I'd better call my men." He starts dialling a number.

"N...n... No. No, no. Don't call them. I will. I will marry Vivaan. Don't hurt Kabir, please. Please, dad." I'm helpless.

"That's the spirit. My good girl." He kisses my forehead. I feel disgusted.

"Siya, now take a sheet of paper and write something I tell you to."

I'm too broken to argue, I'm scared to fight. Kabir's life is at stake. I take a paper and absentmindedly write down whatever the hell my father is dictating. I will marry Vivaan. I will do anything to keep him safe... My father tells me to open my phone. I do. He deletes all the contacts, blocks his number and breaks my phone into pieces. Maybe my intuition was right... I go to the room, get dressed and come back. I get engaged to Vivaan, who can not stop staring at my chest and nobody seems to care. It is a business deal disguised as marriage after all. We all know that.

Two days later...

I'm married to Vivaan now and I'm at his place. I feel like killing myself, my body seems to be numb. I'm all in wedding clothes and make-up. He walks into the room and locks the door, he smiles at me. I'm tired and sleepy. I don't know what happens next but we are here on the bed. He's into me, having sex with me, did he even ask? I don't remember. When he pulls out. I realise that he didn't put a condom on. Oh, God. This is pathetic. I don't care. Fuck it. I'm already dead inside. I turn around without another word and go to sleep... I feel like crying but I'm too exhausted for doing that...

************