Chapter 44- The Bank Of Britain

Kabir's POV...

I open my eyes and feel something. Siya. I shift my gaze, oh. Her bottom lip is between her teeth and her finger is tracing my lips. I turn to look at her. She smiles.

"Good morning, baby." She smiles.

"Good morning." I smile too. She silently climbs on top of me and we make out. She's in charge though... I need her to be in charge today. She bites and nips my neck, my lips meet the same fate and so does my tongue.

"You're so hot." She whispers into my ear.

"You're no less." I kiss her neck as she shivers. Make outs aren't very big things for us... Considering the history we've had, considering the fact that we've given each other so much more and deep than these make out sessions that teen kids have on a regular basis... Siya goes for a bath and we decide to work from home today. And there's work. A lot of it. We're both busy on calls and meetings, Ruby tries to cook without any noise and does a pretty decent job.

"What?! No. No, Manish... I told you that mail wasn't meant for the client to read, oh god. Yeah, please. Look into it and keep me posted." She cuts the call and holds her head in frustration.

"Do I not make myself clear at all?" She mumbles, annoyingly.

"You do. What happened?"

"Manish sent the transaction letter's copy to the client. They need negotiations now... We can't drop the price any further but collaborating with them will be a big break for the bank. I fucked up." She snaps in irritation.

"Nothing is fucked up. We'll manage." I calmly reply.

"And how so?" She raises an eyebrow.

"Arrange a meeting, I'll be there." I smile as relief floods her face.

"Oh. You're so sweet! Thank you Kabbie!" She hugs me and giggles. Honestly, I hate negotiation meetings. I prefer passing orders and policies, I prefer dominating. Convincing and begging isn't typically my forte. But, I've seen Siya work for this opportunity, she really has worked day and night, wrecklessly for this one. I don't want her to get disappointed. She deserves this, moreover, she's not doing it for herself. She's doing it for everyone of us. She's doing it for the bank. I have to help. She explains me the whole project and her further plans. And those aren't the plans for the month or the year. Those are the plans for the next twenty years of the bank. I'm amazed by her thoughts and visions as she unfolds so many papers, shows me so many presentations and progress maps and stats. She has information, she has material, she has put a lot of effort. As a boss, I'm officially impressed, which is a rare thing because all my juniors are idiots, according to me.

"I think I need to work more on..." She says in a sheepish tone.

"This is perfect." I breathe as I glance at the table, completely covered with hundreds and thousands of papers and folders. Mastermind my badass is...

"Umm... Don't you think we could..."

"How long have you been preparing for this collaboration?" I ask her. This is definitely not the work you can do in a matter of five months.

"Umm..." She looks hesitant.

"Since when have you been preparing for this?" I repeat my question.

"A week after I got married." She says.

"Why didn't you start working then?" I ask her, amazed.

"I was pregnant and Vivaan too, was reluctant for me going to work." She sighs.

"Damn." I look a the data again.

"I'll be honoured to be a part of this meeting, Ms Mehra." I smile.

"I'll be grateful, Mr Singhania." She smiles.

"I want to tell you something." I whisper.

"Yeah?"

"I took over."

"Took over?"

"Yeah."

"Took over what?" Oh I can't.

"I'm the CEO of The Bank Of Britain." I say. I hope she didn't hear it.

"What? When?" She almost chokes.

"When I went to London last time. Mum is just there for name now, but on the official papers, it's me." I say.

"Oh my! Congratulations Kabir!" She hugs me.

"Thank you." I hug her back.

"I was thinking something." I say. She looks at me.

"What is it?"

"I was thinking that if you could get promoted to the CEO'S position and I could carry on with London work?" I say.

"No." She says.

"Why?"

"I don't need you to do me any favour." She straightens her spine.

"Siya you deserve it."

"I just joined the banking world five months ago Kabir. I have zero experience or atleast not enough to be a CEO. Not of the Hamilton World Bank, atleast. On top of that, I don't want people to think that I got this because the CEO is my boyfriend, now that you've made it public. I won't Kabir. I'll work to get this, I need to prove myself. You see it because you've known me for long, but other's will just think of my post as a result of my connections. My father is a business tycoon, my dead husband was the CEO of The Imperia Bank and my boyfriend is the CEO of The Hamilton World Bank and The Bank Of Britain, too. I have to prove my worth, I want to be a self made woman. And I need time for that, I need to work hard for that. Promise me that you'll never speak in my favour, when it comes to promotion. You'll not give your views." She says with determination and pride. I sadly give in.

"Okay. But, I'll still say that you deserve it."

"Thank you Kabbie." She says.

Myra walks in. She yawns and stretches her tiny arms. She's adorable.

"How are you Kabir?" She bumps her fist against mine, we're like bros now. Forget friendship.

"I'm good." I smile at her. She sits on my lap.

"And all good in the office?" She says in a professional tone. Siya's eyes go wide in amusement.

"Yeah, it's great. How's school?"

"Oh... Too much stress." She rolls her beautiful brown eyes.

"Why? What happened?"

"Nisha... She bought a bag like mine and wants to be my friend again. People are too much work, I'm so stressed. But, I'm managing you know..." She says. I smile.

"You'll manage... You're a strong girl after all."

"True." She says. This kid is awesome.

My phone rings and Siya and I end our ten minutes long break and get back to work.