Chapter 67- The Drunkies

I end my meeting and glance at the clock, it's one thirty pm. Lunchtime. I close my system and head towards the cafeteria, I take my plate and sit down at a table. Kavya comes to me.

"Hey."

"Hi."

"Siya, are you free today? In the evening?"

"Yeah."

"I'm going to the club along with my boyfriend if you wanna join?"

"Oh, with your boyfriend..." I start.

"You can bring Kabir."

"Umm... No, I'll be fine. I'll come."

"Yay! See ya then!"

"Bye." She leaves the cabin and I get back to work... Why am I not worried about my outfit? Well... My boyfriend owns the Prada showroom across my place. I recall a dress I liked that day and tell them to send it home after altering it. They do. I work till seven and leave the office. I go home, tell Ruby to put Myra to bed and then leave. I dress up and Kavya comes to pick me up. I sit in the back seat as her boyfriend drives. My heart warms as I see him place an affectionate hand on her thigh as she blushes. Aww. We reach the club and start drinking and dancing. Suraj doesn't drink much so I assume that he'd drop me... I drink and so does Kavya, we dance a lot. Suraj starts dancing with her, I go to the bar and down two shots. I turn around and spot them kissing. Kavya's hands were around his neck and Suraj's hands were on her ass. Initially, I think that they're just kissing out of affection, but as the seconds go by, the kiss intensifies. I look away and drink. They'll stop, Siya. The party time isn't ruined. They won't leave. Relax, you're drunk and you haven't brought your car, it is getting late, and your dress is barely covering your body but Suraj and Kavya would drop you home, right? The screen of my phone lights up. And my biggest terror comes to life. Dear life, you've gotta be kidding me.

-Hey, Suraj and I are leaving, steamy night ig! Will you be able to go back on your own? Or shall we drop you home first?

-Don't worry, I'll manage.

-Love you, girl!<<3

-Have fun;)

Oh... I drink one more shot and look at the watch. One- fucking- fifteen. I am wasted. Let's party!!!!

Kabir's POV...

I overview the Alexis policy while sipping my coffee. My eyes are hurting due to over straining but work... I just got reading glasses. Siya has distance glasses... Suddenly, my phone buzzes. Siya. Think of the devil... I smile and my eyes unintentionally go to the clock. One- fifty am, the smile fades away as quickly as it came at her thought. Siya doesn't do late-night calls until it's something very... Not so nice. I quickly answer the call.

"Siyu?" I try to hide my slight anxiety.

"Kabirrrrrr." She says in a weird tone.

"Siya? What happened?" I ask her.

"Umm... Kavya, me and Surajjjj go... Only me left." She slurs. What?

"Siya! Where are you?" I growl at the phone as my patience jumps out of the twentieth floor. I hear her flinch lazily at my words.

"Ahem, Can you pick me up? I'm drunk and there's a group of guys, you know..." She says and my heart stops beating. I don't feel the air around me as much as I need it right now.

"What guys? Where are you? Send me your location." I scream as I grab my car keys and rush down the stairs. I'm gonna install rockets in the bank instead of these slow-ass elevators.

"There's a group of drunk guys across the road..." She gives a drunk chuckle. Oxygen.

"They're staring at me... Oh, actually, they're staring at my boobies, like they want to grab..." I can't listen any further.

"Siya, where are you?" I say again. I'm gonna rip out their eyes, those boobies are mine and mine alone. Boobies? Seriously, Singhania? I reach the parking lot.

"The Drunkies." She says. Couldn't she find a worse club to get wasted? Probably no. Kavya is getting unemployed tomorrow. I break five traffic signals on my way to the club and the car doesn't stop till I reach the place. I spot Siya standing in the dark, under a street light. I spot the guys standing by a car, ogling her. She keeps looking at them as I step out of the car, unaware of my presence.

"Hey, you! Never seen titties before?" She yells at the group. I quicken my steps towards her as I see the group walking in her direction. Boobies. Titties. What's wrong with her? She's drunk. I reach her and grab her arm. She looks at me and smiles.

"Hey, baby. How'd ya find me?" She gives me a lazy smile.

"You told me the location," I say through gritted teeth.

"Oh, did I?" She asks. Just then I spot the guys close to us from the corner of my eye. Instinctively, I step in front of Siya.

"Back off," I growl. Don't. Kill. Them. Kabir. Please. Don't. I try to keep my calm.

"Who are you, huh? Go away." A guy wearing red shades says. Oh, how I hate her behaviour sometimes... The CEO of The Hamilton World Bank arguing with a bunch of jobless and drunk assholes at two in the morning. And the Managing Director of The Hamilton World Bank chuckles behind him. Siya tilts her head to peek from behind me and starts jumping. I turn to look at her. She shouldn't be jumping right now, especially in that "barely there" silver dress of hers.

"You know who he is?" She starts.

"He is the guy who took my virginity, he is the guy who'll kill for me, he's the guy I can freely call at any hour of the day, he's the guy who's making me feel safe around ya'll and he's the guy who'll be responsible for your death if you don't fuck off in the next ten seconds." Siya lazily whispers, loud enough for them to hear as she clings to my arm. The top of her head resting against my shoulder. The guys turn around and leave without another word. Siya Mehra, threatening someone? Wow. I chuckle and lift her in my arms. I carry her to the car and take her home. When we reach her door. I look for her keys in her purse and during my search, I feel infuriated when I realise that she has nothing for safety. Pepper spray, knife, fork, nothing. She's getting it from me once she's sober. I open the door and help her change. It takes everything in me not to run my tongue along her beautiful bare body as I undress her, only to dress her up again. I put her to bed and put her under the covers. I get up from the bed and feel a tug in my fingers. I see Siya holding my hand, her eyes closed. There's no strength in her hold but there's power. I never knew these words were different, until now.

"Don't leave me." She whispers. I smile and get into bed with her. She lays her head on my chest and I kiss the top of her head.

"I'm never leaving you," I whisper as I feel her smile against my chest. We finally drift off to sleep.