Chapter 37- Australia

Kabir's POV...

We are in Australia. It's not so bad, just because Siya has come along... I came to know about her actual plan a week ago, she accidentally slipped it into a conversation at the cafeteria. Siya didn't get a ticket for herself, she wanted me to go with everyone and she'll be there at the bank, working her ass off because she didn't want to leave Myra alone. But, I've successfully dragged her all the way to Australia with me and all the other douchebags. Just because I can talk and gel with people nicely, doesn't mean that I like socializing. It sucks. People suck. Ruby is back there staying with Myra and we have just reached the hotel. We all grab our keys, Siya and I have the top floor and everyone else is allotted the floor below ours. Siya 'The organisers' Mehra has planned the whole thing out. We didn't need to hire some agency people or trip guides. She's very economical, which makes her wifey material... But, she's like a wife to the company too. The cost of the whole trip went half as she planned and replanned the trip. No wonder she was one of the brightest students at IIM. Today is the first day and we're going to some seafood restaurant and then she said that we'll be going to some gourmet winery. I have no idea. We walk in, go to our rooms and meet in the reception in an hour. Kavya has developed a crush on me and I too flirt with her sometimes, Siya doesn't seem to mind, we know where we belong. I just hope that Kavya knows that it's just casual and fun... I don't need unnecessary drama. Everyone is well dressed in casuals and Siya walks in, as usual, all the eyes are glued to her. She looks very pretty and professional. She knows the occasion appropriate dressing game. She tells us a lot about the place and everyone is already excited about the whole trip. Siyu has people management, she has leadership. And my introverted ass has her. Thank you, god. I love you. We reach the place, Kavya isn't aware of our dating so she sits beside me and smiles. I look at Siya and give her an apologetic look but she just smiles. A mature and reassuring smile, I smile back and turn to Kavya.

"Hey." She says.

"Hi."

"You look good." Again... I enjoy it though.

"Not as much as you." I wink at her, and she flushes. How comical the situation is, my girlfriend doesn't mind me flirting with her friend and I'm doing it in front of her without the slightest hesitation. This is a healthy relationship, wow. The waiter comes to our table to take our order.

"A Green Abalone, please." I smile at the guy.

"Anything else, sir?"

"No, this should be fine for now."

"Certainly, sir." He turns towards Kavya.

"Make that two, please." She beams, smiling at me. I smirk. The guy leaves to get the order and I start talking to Kavya. My eyes go around the restaurant and I see our table. Then the second table, only girls, who are giggling and taking selfies. I look at the third table and damn. Only guys and Siya. She is sitting there, talking to them. None of them is interested in what she's saying but they keep looking at her. I kind of feel a sense of pride. She's mine. That mesmerising girl on the table, who everyone else is lost in, is mine. All of her is mine. We have our food and head towards the winery. The place is relaxing and there are a lot of vineyards around the place. We all start with a round of champagne and Siya ends her toast.

"I would now request Mr Singhania to say a few words." She sits down and smiles at me. I roll my eyes and stand up.

"Hello everybody, as Ms Mehra said earlier, the sole purpose of this trip is to rejuvenate and refresh you all with new motivation and the jest to work. Enjoy yourself to the fullest as long as you're here. But, I need results once we're back at the bank, if not, your termination letters will be in your hands. Cheers!" I raise my toast, smile and sit down. I expect them to shoot me weird looks but they all chuckle and start clapping for my speech. I grin. Assholes. They better take me seriously. This trip cost the bank. We all chat and take pictures, I feel like I'm missing something, so I look around for Siya. She's not here. I start looking for her and spot her in the back of the winery, in the vineyard. She's clicking pictures. Lots of them, there's a smile on her face. She's happy. I go near her and wrap my arms around her waist. She leans into me. A smile glued to her soft lips.

"This place is so beautiful." She whispers.

"It is. Have you ever been out of the country, before this trip?" I ask her.

"I have, technically speaking when I was one year old. We went to Rome on a family trip. I don't remember any of it though." She sighs.

"Just once? What about your honeymoon?" I ask her, bewildered. She shrugs.

"No, we never had a honeymoon. I was pregnant in the first week of marriage." She smiles.

"Hmm." I don't know what to say.

"You know what, Kabir?" She whispers.

"What?" I snuggle into the crook of her neck.

"I'm working really hard for her. I want to show her the world. I want her to live. She would've seen the world by the time she becomes my age. She would be happy and carefree. Myra won't live like me, I'll give her the wings I never had." She says in a soft yet strong voice.

"She will, Siya. She's blessed to have a mother like you." I kiss the side of her head.

"I've lived for her." She says.

"You've fought for her." I rectify.

She looks at me lovingly and I kiss her, she turns and lifts her head and I tilt downwards and bow mine. Her back still against my chest and my arms wrapped around her waist with her hands on mine. The breeze plays with her hair and her scent fills my lungs, she places her palm on the side of my face and goes on her toes, and the kiss deepens. I taste the champagne on her tongue and the feeling of it alone is enough to get me drunk. I love her, I live her, I breathe her. She's phenomenal. We separate from the kiss and head inside. Nobody luckily seems to notice our absence. We grab a glass of wine and sit at a table.

"You didn't have to be so grumpy while giving the speech." She mocks me.

"By grumpy, you mean professional?"

"No, by grumpy, I mean grumpy and intimidating." She gives me a sarcastic smile.

"I'm not supposed to crack jokes and have fun with them. I'm their boss." I roll my eyes.

"Whatever." She presses her lips in a flat line. I smile.

"How're the guys?" I wiggle my eyebrows.

"How's Kavya?" She smirks. And the badass Siya Mehra from college is back.

"Oh, you badass."

"Hehe."She grins.

"Hehe." I grin too. We start laughing. This trip is great. We all enjoy for the rest of the day and surrender to our rooms later.