Chapter 20- A New Place

Two days later...

"Thank you for everything," I tell him.

"There's no need to move..." He sighs.

"I'll be fine."

Myra walks into the hall. She looks at the suitcases and frowns.

"I don't want to leave." She says.

Kabir picks her up in his arms and softly kisses her cheek. I love how well they get along... It's just been two days.

"Myra, let's go," I tell her.

"No. I don't want to leave Kabir." She pouts and hugs him tightly. I don't want to leave him either...

"Myra. Come here." She gets down and rushes out into the garden.

I look at Kabir. He is sad. I playfully swat at his arm. He pulls me into a hug. One of his hands holds my head and the other is on my back. His face digs into my shoulder. I wrap my arms around him.

"Take care of yourself, Siyu. Take very good care of yourself." He whispers.

"I will."

"And call me if you need anything."

"Okay." We let go of each other and I leave.

This place is nice. Walking distance from Kabir's place and a twenty-minute drive to the office. I have to take some days off for settling things. I keep all the luggage in a corner and sit on the floor. Myra is playing with a soft toy. My phone rings, it's Vivaan. I cut the call. He calls me three times more and I cut it each time. I'm feeling scared, all alone in an apartment. I text Kabir.

-Sir?

-Madam?

-I need a leave for tomorrow.

-Why?

-Some personal errands...

-Oh, spill...

-The place is a mess and I have to settle things. I need a leave for that.

-Leave approved.

-Thank you.

I go to sleep... I have this big ass grin across my face which I don't seem to mind.

They said that the house is ready to move in. But, I don't like the setup. I want to change the position of all things. The sofa, the dining table, the bed... It bothers me. I think I am OCD... I get Myra ready for school, take a cab and drop her off. On the way back, I check my phone, twenty six missed calls from Vivaan. My heart thumps against my chest. I start feeling scared, I start feeling uncomfortable, I want to cry. I will. I just need to reach the apartment first. I take the elevator and relief floods me when I see my door. Kabir. He's sitting with his back against the door and he's looking at his phone. He looks good, he's in a Black t-shirt and jeans. He looks at me and immediately gets up.

"Siya, where the hell were you? I was about to call you. Thank god you're okay, I got worried." He looks at me. I walk over to him and hug him tightly. The feeling of his heart beating against my cheek makes me feel good. I sob into his chest.

"Siya? Why are you crying?"

"Vivaan called."

"Did you pick up?"

"No. But, he called me several times."

"Then why are you crying?"

"I'm scared, Kabir. What if he tries to harm Myra? What if my parents find out about it?"

"Relax. We've got this." He pulls me at arm's length and wipes my tears. I smile. He didn't say that you've got this, he said that We've got this.

"Why are you not in the office?"