Chapter 30- All the way from US

I open my eyes and get up. I'm not wearing anything, I put on a t-shirt and shorts and come out of the room. I go to Myra's room, but she's not there. I go to the hall and my heart swells. Kabir is sleeping on the couch, his head is tilted to his side and his mouth is slightly open. He looks hot. Myra is on his lap and her head is on his chest and she's sleeping peacefully. One of Kabir's hands is on her back and the other one is on top of her head. I'm filled with joy. I don't disturb them. There's not much work at the office today, so I'll take a leave. And it's already late. I walk over to them and sit on my knees. I admire them both. How amazing this is. But, my heart knows better... I lean over and gently kiss Kabir.

"Thank you," I whisper and go to the kitchen. I start making sandwiches and my head is still hurting because of all the emotional devastation I experienced yesterday. I feel two hands sliding into my t-shirt and hot breath on my neck. I shiver. I turn around and Kabir smiles at me.

"Isn't someone looking hot today?" He smirks at me. He's in a good mood.

"Yeah, I'm tryna give someone competition." I wink at him.

"Don't force me to take you right now at this counter." He steps close.

"You're good with Myra." I smile in appreciation.

"I'm better with her mum, though." Oh, he's hot. The heat from his body is enough to boil the eggs. Eggs. Shit. I forgot to boil the eggs.

"Oh, no. I forgot to boil the eggs."

"I'm talking seggs and my girlfriend is worried about eggs... Fucking great." I laugh at his layman language.

"Seggs? Where'd you learn this from?"

"I have an asshole. His name is Gaurav."

"It's been long..."

"My dick? It was always long." He smirks.

"Oh, god. You're so horny." I shove at his chest playfully.

"Yeah, well... There's a huge horn under my pants." He pulls me by my waist. I push him back and start laughing. We start laughing. Myra comes in. She stands in front of Kabir and raises her hands. He smiles and picks her up. He kisses her cheek and she does the same. Myra wraps her arms around his neck and hugs him. Her head rests on his shoulder. I turn towards the counter, with my back facing them. Joy seeps into me and overflows from my eyes in the form of tears. I'm smiling, I'm quiet and my joy keeps flowing. Kabir wraps his hand around my elbow and pulls me to his chest. I hug him. He embraces me with one hand while the other one holds Myra. This is how things were supposed to be. This is how I wanted to be at the end. Happy. But, for one thing, I'm well aware of the fact that things have just begun...

"You didn't go to the office today?" He whispers.

"Yup. I'm on leave."

"Who gave you a leave?" Is he joking? I hope so.

"I took it Mr."

"Apparently, you have to ask your boss for a leave Ms." He says. I look at him and try to read his expression. He's serious.

"You want me to leave?" I ask him.

"Yup. There are some tasks you need to run by."

"Oh." I don't know why, but his words hurt me. He didn't say anything wrong, he is my boss and he's just doing what he's supposed to, but the thought of him wanting me to leave hurts.

"I thought that we'll all stay home today. Together." I tell him.

"I kinda have some errands to run and moreover, I was looking forward to being with Myra today." He says. I want to kill him.