Chapter 28- Object?

I reach the bank and park my car. There's a big smile on my face. I walk into the building.

"Good morning ma'am."

"Good morning."

"Good morning ma'am."

"Morning." I smile and greet everyone. I get into my cabin and call reception.

"Good morning ma'am," Riva says.

"Good morning, Riva. A coffee please."

"Sure, ma'am."

"Thank you."

My coffee arrives in a few minutes and I sip onto it and work. I have a few meetings today. I finish those luckily before lunch and go down to the cafeteria. Kabir is sitting at a table. He waves at me and I go and sit in front of him. The entire office is staring. They probably gossip about us too... We never made it public that we're together and nobody dares to even ask because both of us are of the highest authorities of the bank, globally. I used to get bothered in the beginning but I've spent a hell lot of time thinking about what others think about me. I don't care anymore. Let them stare. Let them be jealous. Let them be curious. Let them burn.

"Why are you smiling?" Kabir asks.

"Why? You don't like my smile?"

"I love your smile. That's why I'm asking the lovely reason which caused this lovely smile."

"Myra."

"As much as I thought." He smiles.

"Yup."

"What did she do?" His eyes gleamed in excitement. Her name always brings a smile to his face.

"I told her that I bought the ice cream for her." I feel a little embarrassed thinking about what's coming next.

"What did she say?" He holds an expression which tells me that he's already aware of what I'm about to say.

"She laughed and then said I KNOW THAT KABIR BOUGHT THE ICE CREAM FOR ME. HE KNOWS MY FAVOURITE ICE CREAM, TELL HIM THANK YOU FOR ME." I tell him and pout.

"Did she like the ice cream?"

"Yes, she did. She finished the entire tub. I told her that she'll get a tummy ache, but she didn't lend an ear." I sigh.

"Tummy ache? What are you, dude? Mumma?" He smiles.

"I just want her to have cute terms in her vocabulary. Childish, innocent words. That's all. Tummy ache sounds better than a stomach ache." I defend myself.

"Oh, I see." He gives me a fake serious expression.

"You are spoiling my daughter, by the way. Stop." I tell him.

"Oh, it's important." He smiles.

"How so?"

"Don't you think she's just opinionated and listens to her heart? Also, called 'spoilt' in mommy terms..." He asks. I think about what he says.

"Yeah, right. Keep her that way."

"What way?"

"Unlike me. That way."

"Don't underestimate yourself. It's not easy to be you."

"Yes. But, it gets you into trouble."

"True." He says.

We head toward our cabins and I carry on with my work, the day is busy. Kabir knocks on my cabin door around seven.

"You ready to go?" He asks.