Chapter 39- I'm Her Boyfriend

I'm happy that everyone is enjoying the trip... Saves me the situation to face Kabir because he didn't want this trip to happen. I feel good altogether, I feel young, I'm coming to terms with the fact that I'm just twenty-six years old and being divorced and having a daughter doesn't make me old. It's okay and I'm young. I can live, I can enjoy myself and I can be happy. Thanks to Kabbie. The plan for today is that we'll chill in the day and then we'll hit the club in the evening, it's our second last day in Australia. I wear a floral dress and go to the penthouse. Everyone smiles at me, and we all sit on comfy couches and talk a lot. It feels like there's so much we people don't talk about when we're in our professional world, but it's really amazing to know people... I wish I could make Kabir understand this. Kabir. Where is he? I tap on Manish's shoulder.

"Yes, ma'am?" He says.

"Did you see Mr Singhania?"

"Yeah, he was in the lobby a few minutes ago, sir was speaking to someone."

"Okay, thanks." I decide to wait for a few minutes. He's not here yet. I excuse myself and go down to the lobby. He is standing by the window, wearing a black shirt and blue jeans. He looks cute. He's on a video call and is blowing a kiss to someone.

"Yeah, you too."

"Take care of yourself."

"I'll see you super soon baby."

"I love you, bye." He smiles and ends the call. He lifts his eyes and looks at me.

"Sorry, I got late." He says. I walk toward him and wrap my hands at the back of his neck. He places his hands on my hips.

"Who was it? You cheating on me?" I lightly bite his nose. He chuckles.

"Yup, I am. I told you to think fast."

"No, seriously. Who was it?" I'm curious. Simply curious. Nothing else.

"Myra." He simply replies. My heart feels like the oven in a bakery. Warm and sweet.

"She didn't call me today." I sigh.

"Yeah, we've been talking for a long time. Ever since I got out of bed... Nisha wants to become her friend again but she wants Myra to buy a matching bag Myra likes her FROZEN-themed bag but she also wants to be friends with her... She was so confused, but..." I keep a finger on his lips and he realises that he's been absent-mindedly babbling about Myra and her school friend. He giggles.

"Sorry. I was so absorbed in her thoughts..." He blushes.

"What are you, huh? Papa?" I wink at him.

"I want to be." He smiles. A smile that tells me that he really means what he says.

"I love you."

"More Ms Mehra." He hugs me. I keep my head on his chest and that secret floods me with guilt. I wish that I never had to tell him. I want to. But, I don't want things to change. Not to get worse at least. We go back to the penthouse and talk a lot. Kabir looks exhausted simply by listening to Kavya and her story about her first boyfriend who left her after having sex, she starts crying and Kabir looks horrified. He looks at me. I realise that a hug from Kabir while crying is one of the few things only I am privileged to have. I smile and hug Kavya, she cries into my shoulder and her eyeliner smudges on my dress. Kabir says that it looks as if crows are sitting on the flowers and everyone is laughing except for me and Kavya. Both having guy issues at the moment. We all go to our rooms to change for the party and I'm super excited!!!

Kabir's POV...

I'm all set to go. We all leave for the place and Siya is late as usual... I feel like she does it on purpose. She makes everyone wait and then makes a grand appearance but the thing is that she also takes time to get dressed. The result though is always worth the wait. I don't mind it either. We reach the club and it's good except for one thing. People. A lot of people. Drunk, sick and sweaty people. I immediately pick a corner in the lounge and all the idiots follow me. We sit and Kavya can't stop flashing her cleavage to me. Pretending like she doesn't even know... I honestly don't give a crap, I'm blessed with a much sexier pair of boobs and a more prominent cleavage, of course. But, where are they and the woman owning them?