[Season 1] Chapter 3 - Gallant Challenge

Start from the beginning

You turned to the blanket covered male, "I'll leave stealing the crown to you, Mr. Laure, if things get of hand please take Ms. Serena and Mr. Ho and run."

He nodded, "Yes."

"Because there was a winning team in the previous round, only four teams can join this time! I'll start counting. . . now! The teams that want to join should press the buzzer before the count is over!"

"One!" You stood, cleaning your garments.

"Two!" Serena pulled you along to the bars by the entrance.

"Three!" Ho stopped next to you.

"Four!" Laure groaned as he stood.

"Five!" and Serena pressed the buzzer.

You sighed as the defeated team pathetically fell onto the floor, the swordsman turning as he felt your presence. He got into a battle stance- "Are you my opponent?"

A quiet smile appeared on your face, "It would seem so."

He grabbed his sword, swiftly pulling it out of it's sheath, throwing it into the air in your direction, "Highest flying sword."

He dashed forward, swinging horizontally violently, "Lowest flying sword!"

You jumped back, your catalyst swirling to life next to you, the gem on your chest glimmering with it's own mind. The swordsman darted closer, swinging his sword with the force if a hundred waves.

Hurriedly, you turned on your heel, the strike barely missing your hair. He glared at you- "Stay still or fight back."

You hummed, a quiet smile on your face as you dodged yet another strike, the third fish of the battle emerging from your hands and joining the other two- "My apologies however brute force is not my modus operandi."

"Now please rest!" and with a charged attack that had you twirling in air, accompanied by the rise of your hand that commanded a swirling school of fishes, the swordsman fell onto the ground.

Sighing, you turned to your teammates, running over as Serena was about to stab Shibisu, "Ms. Serena! Please wait!"

"Huh? I'm just about to end him-"

"There's no need for that!" You smiled wryly, summoning a fish, the creature swimming over to the man in the jumpsuit and knocking him out cold, "There, that's enough."

"Huh. . . that works." Serena commented as Ho placed Shibisu onto the ground.

Laure rose from his slumber, cloud-like cresents surrounding him, his hand enchased in dancing shinsu, a sphere of light forming in his palm. Then there was a whirring- a beam of iridescnwt light heading towards the throne before your eyes. Anak jumoed onto the backseat of the throne, the impact from Laure's blast crackling beneath her hand.

Ho and Serena rushed forward, you opened your palm, gifting the creature of water in your hands life and sending it after the crown as Anak partook in close combat with Serena and Ho.

Laure fired off yet another beam, Anak right in the middle of the attack. "Give us the crown. I can attack you from anywhere."

When the shinsu died down, Anak stood, her garments torn but unscathed nevertheless. She raised her weapon, a feral look in her eyes, "Ignition! I will kill all of you-"

Then she looked at you- and all came still.

- -

"[Name], come with me." Lero-Ro popped up in front of you, placing a hand on your shoulder and teleporting away. Serena sighed, running a hand through her hair after a moment of shock- she could only hope you'll be fine.