Despite this, he had still text to make sure I'd made it to the track okay and actually ate breakfast. It only slightly made my heart ache when I saw his name pop up on my screen. Mum (who I'm sure has heard both sides of the story) has been running interference, asking questions on the family chat and forcing us to interact through the day. It makes me feel better that I'm not completely iced out by Lando, it's a good sign. I give him a week until we're back to normal; he'll come around, he always does.

I suddenly realise Daniel and I are headed towards his room. It's not a far walk, but I've been in my own head for the whole journey that I was simply following Daniel's body blindly. The second the door clicks shut behind us Daniel is lacing kisses on my cheek, letting his lips dot along my skin until he reaches the edge of my own. Now that we're alone I'm almost buzzing waiting for him to kiss me, he looks amazing hair all messed up and cheeks flushed.

"You're a tease." I huff when Daniel let's his lips hover above my own. His breath softly running over my face taunting me with his proximity.

"Don't know what you mean." Dan denies, a small smirk pulling at the right side of his lips as he fights a grin. It tells me that he knows exactly what I mean. I huff again, tired of his teasing and deciding to lean in first. I softly grab the sides of his face in my hands and pull him towards me so I can kiss his delicious pink lips. Three, almost four, hours without them when he's been so close is too long. Daniel is fighting a laugh at my desperation, little does he know about the thoughts I've been having since he appeared in front of me two minutes ago. A kiss is the least humorous thing I want to do to him.

"What will we possibly do all night before we go to Canada tomorrow?" Daniel hums teasingly against my skin as he presses another kiss, this time to the side of my cheek. I have a feeling that I know what we'll be doing tonight. It's not a mystery at all. I hum in approval at his suggestive tone as Daniel's hands slip around my waist, pulling me close to his body in a hug. This time I don't fake a gag or try and pull away, I let his body sink into mine and hold onto him, hands snaking around his firm shoulders.

"You're not upset about Lando are you?" He asks quickly looking to me. My arms wrap around his neck pulling him closer to my body.

"He wanted me to go home." I admit and Daniel's body freezes against me. I reach for the orange Mclaren hat from my head and shake my hair out of it. I contemplate tucking it back over Daniel's curls but decide against it, instead keeping the papaya Merch in my right hand. I like his hair far too much to have it covered anymore.

"You're not serious?" He sounds almost annoyed at the revelation. I nod then quickly shake my head, pulling back slightly from the embrace. "You've been looking forward to Canada for weeks." Daniel continues sounding almost offended by Lando's demand. Whilst I appreciate his annoyance I don't need another person pissed at Lando. If anything, I need Daniel to be a friend to him right now so Lando's at least got someone around here who's not wanting to strangle him.

"I'm still coming to Canada." I quickly add not wanting to panic Daniel too much. "He's just being...a shit." I say not knowing how else to describe my brothers behaviour, a small forced laugh leaving me. Daniel presses a small peck to my lips knowing I have more to say.

"I do think me and Lando need a little time apart though." Daniel is looking confused by my words. "This is the longest we've ever been in the same country, nevermind place as eachother, since I was eighteen. It's a lot, and I love Lando, but we just need a little separation." I explain my fingers running along the tight muscles of his shoulders.

When I was eighteen I went to Manchester for uni, Lando was sixteen and began karting competitions all over the place and was usually travelling in any time I returned home. We kept in touch and I'm probably closer to Lan than my other siblings, sure. But we're just not used to spending such long periods of time together and being in such a close proximity.

"You guys weren't together in Monaco." Daniel points out and I shrug.

"We still spent time with him and Lu." I counter remembering the night we went out for dinner and day we spent with them on a yacht. I think I preferred the yacht day though (because of shirtless Daniel, obviously). "I spoke to Luisa about it and she thinks he's pissed cause she has to work over Silverstone."  It would make his obvious bad mood make more sense.

Every year Lando gets himself all worked up for The British Grand Prix, it's a busy week for McLaren with it being their home race but also for Lando. He'd always get all excited for it. Even before he was in a Formula 1 car we've been every year since I was 15 and he was 12. Each year it's a whole thing with the whole family turning up for the whole weekend. Now he's in F1, Lando and George buzz with excitement together, hyping the other up with possible outcomes of the race. Out of every race, I know his dream is to win Silverstone - and I can't wait for it to one day happen for him! However, can't go around chewing himself up and acting like an idiot for the weeks leading up to it.

I shake my head. "It doesn't matter, he's flying to Montreal with Max, I'll give him a few days without me, explore my own." I shrug. My new plan on the flight is to look up things to do in Montreal, or even nearby in surrounding Quebec. With a full week there I'll actually have time to do some real exploring, which isn't something we usually have a lot of time to do.

"He's just 'going with max'?" Daniel asks a frown clear on his face. I nod because I don't know what else there is to say. "He's being a dick." The critique pinches at something inside of me. Whilst his words are valid I don't like the way he's said that about Lando, he's still my little brother despite everything. It's wired in me as a big sister to defend him no matter what. It's what I did when kids would make fun of his height when we moved schools (because of his karting success). It's what I'll always do.

"He's just having a fight with Luisinha. It'll be fine." I dismiss reaching up to place a quick kiss against Daniel's lips. It's doesn't seem to distract him the way I want.

"That's not your fault." Daniel points out and I nod in understanding not wanting to explain. It's not my fault, but I'm not going to go and give Lando more shit. I'm bored of it. He (we) just need to cool off now. As if sensing I'm done with the topic daniel changes the subject. "And you're not gonna be exploring on your own." I roll my eyes at the protective tone to his voice.

"I can't sit alone in a hotel room for a week Danny." I counter, the edge of his lips twitch at the name. He thinks it's funny when I call him that doesn't he?

"I know." He says quickly in a 'duh' tone which makes me want to roll my eyes at him again. His large hands are softly squeezing the skin of my hips, keeping me close to him and tugging at something inside of me. "I meant that whatever you want to explore, we'll do it together." He hums softly, a warm glint in his eye as he leans down to kiss me properly.

Those butterflies of nerves have spread from my stomach to my chest and my whole body. Something about this man makes me feel incredibly safe and warm and I'm afraid it's going to be too late to back out soon.

I don't know who I'm kidding?

It's already too late to back out. I've fallen quite hard and far for Daniel Ricciardo.

I couldn't back out if I tried.

————
AH OKAY a lil filler chapter but still with some cuteness. The next ones are so fun (and cute)! I've been having the most fun writing them

❤️❤️❤️