59) That's My Boy

A/N: FINALLY!!! I'm sooooo sorry for the wait AGAIN. I had bad writer's block but now I don't, so here we go to more updates hopefully. I hope you enjoy it and I love you all!!! xx

ELLIE ABNER

"Do you think she told them?" Luke asked, frantically looking around for his friends as I fixed the buttons on his shirt.

My eyebrows furrowed as my fingers fumbled with the fabric, "who?"

"Professor Leeway, do you think she-"

"Luke, you almost ready? We're on in five," Ashton says as he pops around the corner.

"Yeah, give me a minute," he turns to tell him before his head whips back to me, his eyes wide. "I'm freaking the fuck out."

Running my hands down the silky fabric of his shirt, I made sure it was straight. "You'll do great, Lu," I reassure him. His teeth dug into his bottom lip anxiously causing me to sigh. Grabbing the sides of his face, I pulled him down to my level and pressed my lips against his. Luke melted into my touch, his arms snaking around my waist to hold me.

Slowly pulling away, I looked into his eyes, still cupping his cheeks. "I don't think she told them because I think she wants you to make that decision. Do great out there and show everyone you guys deserve to be on that stage."

"Thanks, El," he says quietly before pressing his lips to mine once more. "I'll see you in the front row, right?"

"Wouldn't be anywhere else," I smile.

Luke flashes me a pearly white grin before adjusting his guitar around his neck and turning to walk—limp, on stage. I rounded the corner towards the crowd, spotting a head of blonde hair, and made my way towards them. Reaching my hand out, I placed it on the girl's shoulder causing her to whip around towards me.

"You scared the shit out of me," Dayna exclaims, lightly slapping my arm with a laugh. Her eyes widen as they trail down my figure. "You look good."

I glance down at my outfit with a blush. For the last party of the year, I decided to go with a black lace bralette and a mesh top over it, ripped skinny jeans with fishnet tights underneath, and doc martens. It was nice to feel comfortable with myself again.

"Are you ready for the party tonight?"

"Hell yeah," she laughs, "I'm going for blackout drunk, what about you?"

I roll my eyes, "hopefully ending in a locked bedroom."

Dayna gasps, "Ellie!"

"Sh, they're starting," I manage to get out between giggles.

Luke's up at the center mic and wraps his hand around it to adjust the height. Ashton does a count, knocking his drumsticks against one another before the strum of a guitar sounds in the large speakers. The rest of the instruments come together, and within seconds, Luke begins singing.

"Simmer down, simmer down. They say we're too young now to amount to anything else. But look around, we've worked too damn hard for this just to give it up now. If you don't swim, you'll drown. But don't move," his perfect blue eyes move to meet mine and he smirks, "honey."

"This is the song we were writing in the pizza parlor, right?" Dayna asks, a wide grin on her face.

I nod excitedly, "it's gotta be."

And our questions were answered by the chorus.

"She looks so perfect standing there in my American Apparel underwear, and I know now that I'm so down."