30) Sleepover Pt. 2

LUKE HEMMINGS

I'd probably remember this moment for the rest of my life. How stupidly nervous I felt around this girl who was completely oblivious to the fact. She thought I was just another fraternity jock with a different girl every night. And maybe at one point she was right, but now I'm just a vulnerable kid falling head over heels for the smart, undeniably pretty girl from my psych class.

Ellie sat on a stool at the island, letting her feet sway back and forth as I made mac and cheese on the stove. Yeah, that's right. Mac and cheese. I'm practically a grown ass man-

"Don't forget to add mozzarella cheese, it makes it better."

"I won't," I reassure her, turning my head slightly to see the girl with her chin placed in the palms of her hands.

"Did you get the homework done for psych?" She questions. My shoulders tense as I already know she's going to give me an earful when I respond with my honest answer.

"No."

"Luke, you're gonna fail," the blonde's giggle fills the empty kitchen, and I can't help but to smile.

"Not if you help me. You're my tutor remember?" I flirt with her, fully facing her direction and crossing my arms. Ellie's cheeks noticeably redden. "Besides, psych is so boring."

"Is not!" She argues. Now, she's livelier than she was a moment ago, "learning about how parts of the brain work is so interesting to me. My favorite part is probably the amygdala- I mean, the way our brain processes memory is insane and- Sorry, I'm rambling..." I listen to her through the entire rant, taking in every word although the subject is my least favorite. I admire how much she loves it and found it incredibly adorable how excited she got.

"Don't apologize, you're interested in it, don't be sorry for that. Besides," I pause, "it was cute." A shy smile takes place on her face, and I turn around to turn off the stove as soon as the water began boiling. I strained out the water and began mixing in the cheese, the mozzarella included. Spooning the mac and cheese into two separate bowls, I guide us up to my room and shut the door after we enter.

Ellie instantly takes a seat on the other side of the bed, knowing well enough what side I normally take. Her spoon collides with the plastic of the bowl before she takes a bite, and I catch myself waiting in anticipation for some sort of response. A satisfied groan leaves her mouth as she tilts her head back.

"So good," she breathes out. I take a seat next to her, eating my cheesy pasta as well. And she wasn't lying, it was delicious. Pulling out my phone, I checked the time and internally screamed. It was already ten-thirty.

"Do you have morning class tomorrow?"

Ellie shook her head, and I took back my internal scream. "No, do you?"

Smiling, I leaned back against the headboard, "nope."

As soon as we both finished our bowls of mac and cheese, I quickly took them downstairs and placed them in the sink. Walking up the stairs, Cal emerged from his room with a lazy smile on his face. I furrowed my eyebrows as we neared each other.

"What's up with you?"

"Oh, Zoey surprised me with a late-night visit." I roll my eyes at him, but smirk, nonetheless. If my boy was getting laid, I was going to be proud either way.

"You think you two are going to get serious?"

Calum shrugs, running a hand through his hair. "Ask me again in a few days. What about you and Ellie?"

I bite back the biggest grin of my life and decide to use his words against him, "ask me again in a few days." Cal chuckles, lightly punching my shoulder.