21) "do it again"

ELLIE ABNER

I tugged on my last article of clothing which happened to be an oversized crewneck. My makeup was light and natural, and I let my hair down in its natural waves. Tristan's supposed to meet me at the entrance of the dormitory so we can go to the movies together. He had a car of his own here on campus, so I didn't have to worry about driving us there. My phone dinged signaling his presence downstairs, so I made my way out the door.

Excitement ran through my veins as I entered the elevator. Luke hadn't talked to me since this morning, and I hoped that he was okay. The dislike he had for Tristan confused me because Tristan hadn't proved to be anything but a nice person. And I had to get over my crush on Luke, that was my priority. He was way too good to be true, although I trusted him the most out of everyone I met, there's no way such a hot, athletic, frat boy would treat me good. His reputation with girls wasn't good, and I wasn't about to be another one he'd take to bed and ditch. Luke was an amazing friend, don't get me wrong, but I was scared to go any farther than that with him knowing that my attraction for him goes way deeper than physical. He was the first person to pique my interest since I got here, and that wasn't changing at all. In fact, I was warming up to him more than anyone I ever had before. Hell, he knows deeper things about me than Zoey does, and I used to tell her everything.

Finally reaching the front doors, I met Tristan out by the steps with a hug. "You look nice." He mumbles next to my ear as I smile.

"Thanks, so do you. What movie are we watching?" I ask as he opens the passenger door for me.

"Well, the drive in is playing the first Spiderman movie, so I thought we could go there."

My eyes lit up at his request, "that sounds amazing, actually."

"Good." As soon as he closed the door to the car and hopped in, we were off to the drive-in. My phone buzzed in my hand, and I looked to see I had gotten a notification on Snapchat. I never used social media in order to clear my slate online and forget everything at home. Recently I had created new accounts to a few social medias like Snapchat and Instagram just to keep up with my friends, but I hadn't reached out and followed anyone yet. However, Michael seemed to find my user in quick add and said something to the other guys because after he added me, the rest followed along. It did make me feel better that they were at least trying to be my friends. At first, I was skeptical to even talk to them thinking it was some sort of joke. In high school I didn't have many friends because they were too immature to keep their opinions to themselves. So, at the start of it all I thought Michael being nice to me was a joke until they began to treat me like a real friend.

He sent me a picture of all of them together, holding the phone up high as the others were sat on the floor in a dorm playing video games on a small television placed in front of them. I thought nothing of it and sent a picture back of my legs and feet, showing that I was in a car, and he responds with 'don't get kidnapped.' Rolling my eyes, I turned off my phone trying not to laugh at his message as soon as we pulled up to the drive in. Tristan paid for our tickets and drove through the lot to find parking. He found a spot in the middle of the property and parked.

"Did you want anything from the concessions? They have all sorts of stuff."

"I'm assuming you've been here before." I say, eyeing him.

"Oh, you thought you were the first girl I've brought here?" He asked, but I could tell he was joking. I scoffed, punching him playfully in the arm with a laugh. "Only kidding. I grew up on the outskirts of Redmond, so I'm really familiar with everything."

I nodded, "so do you stay on campus, or?"

"Hell yeah, no way I'm living with my parents. I literally have a helicopter mom."