Chapter 30 Polis Part 2

A/N This is Octavia's dress. You will see Clarke's in the next chapter. :)
(How do you add more than 1 pic anyway?)

Clarke POV

Octavia and I look at each other and giggle like the girls we really are.

"What we really need to know is what does a grounder bride do to prepare for joining? We want to blend grounder and sky traditions." Octavia tries to explain. "but we want to..."

"Look pretty too!" I cut in.

Lexa smiles and stands, "Come with me to the shops. When we are done you will both look like the strong Heda's you are!"

~~~~

As we followed Lexa out with a small guard, the first shop we stopped at had fabric and clothing. But fine cloth, not meant for everyday wear. Lexa spoke to the shopkeeper who looked at both Octavia and I carefully as if measuring us. Then she went and started selecting several dresses.

The first one was a deep red, trimmed in fur. The front was scooped low and the sleeves were wide at the wrist then fading to a tight fit at the shoulders.

It was beautifully made but it didn't match my coloring and Octavia wanted a lighter color.

The next dress she brought out Octavia tried on and we knew it was perfect.
It was a long cream color gown made of a satiny material trimmed in gold brocade that matched the belt. Again the sleeves were wide at the wrist and tight from the elbows up. It fit Octavia in all the right places.

She looked beautiful.

"Octavia" I breathed.

"I'm sexy and yes I know it!" She stated. Then we both dissolve in giggles much to Lexa's amusement.

Octavia smiles and looks at me. "Now we need to find something for you Clarke, and I think maybe something in blue..?" I nod knowing that Bellamy loves to see me in blue.

Lexa's eyes light up. "I think I can help with that" she says and jumps up very un Heda like and heads to the back where the shop owner is looking thru dresses.

They both emerge a moment later and hand me a dress made of a beautiful silky blue fabric, trimmed in silver. Octavia spots it and shoves me to the back insisting I try it on.

When I come out, all three girls stare at me open mouthed.

"Clarke, trust me when I say that is the dress." Octavia breathes, then continues with a smirk "if my brother wasn't already in love with you he would't know what hit him when he sees you in that!"

"Heda com Skaikru, I would be honored if both of you would accept the dresses as my gift to you for the Festival." Lexa says warmly and with a formal grounder nod.
"Along with one more thing" she motions us forward to a back room and to a wardrobe that, when opened reveals undergarments that are sheer and silky and gauzy. All the things a girl would want for her wedding night.

Octavia blushes slightly but I hide a smile thinking how I would love to surprise Bell in something truly pretty and just for him.

We continue our shopping picking out other essentials we hadn't thought about before they were presented to us.

We traded some of the animal pelts and herb blends that we brought and then we headed back to Lexa's just in time to rest before the evening meal.

This had been one of the best days!

Bellamy POV

The capital was amazing Dante had taken us out to shop and trade, for things that we needed. Lincoln knew what to expect but everything was new to me.

First we stopped in a clothing shop. We got some clothing for the festival which looked more grounder like but I thought, still way better than the clothes I had which were a little tattered.

Next we went to the blacksmith to look at weapons and tools. I got a few things that would help around camp as well as an idea of what we could get in the future to make camp life easier. As well as a couple of surprises for Clarke.

When we got back to the house we each went to our own rooms. I was surprised to see Clarke sitting on the bed sketching furiously. She smiled when I walked in.

"Hi Bell!"

I kiss her, "Hi Princess. Have fun today?"

Her eyes are sparkling, "Bellamy this trip has been amazing! Thank you!" She says kissing me again. "I love you Bell."

"I love you too future Mrs. Blake." I tease.

Her eyes soften as she puts a hand on my cheek. "I really like the sound of that Mr. Blake." she says kissing me again.

"Only 1 more week and you will officially be mine! "

"Bell" she says, exasperated, "we are going to be parents in about 7 months I think everyone already knows I'm yours..." I silence her with another kiss.

~~~~

A/N. Sorry for the long wait! I was having some problems with saving/editing. Anyway I have another 2 Chapters almost done which I will post soon. Enjoy!