Chapter 25 Ties that bind

Kane POV

As we followed Aurora thru the maze of hallways my mind wandered back to the last time I saw her...

***Flashback 24 years ago***

"Please don't cry" I whispered with my arns around her. How could this be happening? Both of our parents had refused to allow our marriage as well as the Chancellor Maximus Jaha.

"Marcus, they all hate each other! They don't even care what we want! They're only concern is if it will benefit them politically or if their ration points will increase! They don't care if we are happy! "

I don't answer right away. We both know there is nothing to say. If the Chancellor has decided against the marriage we have no options. It's not like we could run away , we are trapped on the Ark. Where would we go?

She continues to sob softly on my shoulder.

"They say we are too young, but they are only using it as an excuse and now with the Chancellor backing them, they don't even need that." I look into her eyes, wet with tears, "I still love you" I say as I pull her into a kiss.

***end of flashback***

After Octavia was arrested and I found out who her mother was I had started to suspect that our goodbye that night had lasting consequences. That maybe Bellamy was my son. Our son. Though, at the time I had no way to speak to Aurora to find out the truth. Then, when I found out she had been floated (or so I thought) I used whatever influence I had on the council to make sure Bellamy was not kicked off the guard. It was the only thing I could do to help him after I had ruined both of their lives without even knowing it.

I did it for her.

I never did get married. I had no time for love after that until I met Abby years later. I wondered who Octavia's father was...

Octavia POV

I held my knife at the ready as we followed my mom quickly thru the halls. We all jumped when we heard a grate shift. The vent moved aside and mom told us to hurry and get in. Once inside, we moved in further away from the entrance so we could speak without being heard. As I looked to see who let us in I see Abby and my eyes lock on the man from my vision.

He has dirty blond hair and big blue eyes. This must be Clarke's dad.

My mom brushes past me and as she touches me I feel myself slip into another vision and it is one I have had before.

~~~~

Clarke is in bed holding a newborn as Bellamy is sitting next to her holding a squirming baby.

This baby is not a newborn.

Everyone is smiling as I take the baby from Bellamy, "Come to mommy" I coo to the child.

It's my baby! Mine and Lincoln's!

"Let's go see grandpa." I say as I see myself hand the baby to to his grandpa. A man with dirty blond hair.

~~~~

I gasp in shock and as realization hits me I snap out of the vision immediately!

Jake Griffin is my dad??? Woah!
Clarke and I are half sisters?!

I now realize everyone is staring at me.

"O, are you Okay?" Bellamy asks concerned, his hand on my arm. "What did you see?"

I shake my head. " Later Bell, we so don't have time for this right now." I say casting a glance at my mom and Clarke's dad.

Abby POV

As we make our way thru the tunnels my mind races. Jake had told me that if we make it out if this he wants a divorce. Deep down I know he is right. Our marriage was pretty much arranged by our parents and Jaha. We were friends and cared about each other.

But it wasn't love. Not really.

That doesn't make it hurt less though

Jake is right, Earth is our second chance. Not just to live, but to actually be free to love and be happy. As I glance at Kane walking next to me, I think a second chance would be nice.

Wick POV

We left Emerson to guard the prisoners and I followed Liv back to Jake's apartment. She figured Abby would be there alone or with Aurora.

She was wrong.
She was also pissed.

"Emerson do you copy? " she says into the intercom.

When he doesn't answer she makes a snap decision to go see someone named Marsh.
If I remember correctly he was on the council and was floated for treason and attempted murder of a fellow council member.

He was the only council member in our history to be floated. He had tried to murder Dr. Abigail Griffin.

This wasn't going to be good.

~~~~

A/N

What did you think about finding out who the Blake's should call dad?
I just figured the grown-up's had their fair share of romantic issues living on the Ark.

More action next chapter as they get out, go home and the truth comes out!

Thx for the reads!