Chapter 17 Second Sight

Octavia POV

I had finally completed my training as a second to Indra. I would no longer be Octavia of the Sky people. I would be Octavia of the Tree people. I could not believe it. This would be the first time I ever truly belonged to anything or anyone. To say I was excited was an understatement, but I had the outward appearance of calm befitting a warrior. At least I hoped I did.
There was a private ceremony that I would need to endure, it was sort of mysterious, and just a formality I had been told. Lincoln would be there for support along with Bellamy and Clarke, but they were the only outsiders that would be allowed.
Indra would also be there as would the commander, but the ceremony would be performed tonight by Andu. The only thing I was told is that it would be a final test of sorts to see if I had the "sight" necessary to the clan. I was not sure what it meant, only that I wanted so desperately to pass this final test so that Lincoln and I could officially be given permission from the commander to marry if and when we chose. As things stood now we would have to leave his clan if we married as I was still considered a sky girl.

As these thoughts ran through my mind I saw Bell and Clarke walking into the village. I smiled as they approached me with Lexa.

Bellamy POV

I smiled as I spotted Octavia. The excitement just oozed from her. I was in awe of my little sister. With her grounder training she could easily take care of herself now. I didn't have to protect her anymore, it saddened me in a way but I was proud of the fierce woman standing in front of me. As I glanced at Clarke walking next to me with, her bow, pistol and a knife in her boot, I realized how much we had all changed in these past few months. Octavia pulled me out of my thoughts with a hug.

"Hi Bell"

"Hi O. Congratulations" I whispered in her ear. She pulled back and gave me the brightest smile I had seen from her since we first arrived. She hugged Clarke next.

After greetings were exchanged all around we were guided to a tent near the center of camp. It was dusk, and we were prepared to stay the night and return to camp in the morning. Raven had built a small radio for Lexa and if there was trouble they could get in touch with us.

Andu, Lincoln and Indra were waiting for us in the tent. Clarke and I sat near the wall with Lincoln, while Lexa, Indra and Octavia formed a circle around the small fire. There was some incense burning and Andu was readying a special drink for Octavia. The rest of us were given a fruit wine. We sat in silence waiting for Andu to speak.

"We are here to welcome a new warrior among us. Tonight will be the last time you see Octavia of the sky people. She will cease to exist. Tonight we will greet Octavia of the tree people." As she spoke she waved some type of burning stick and waved it thru the air around O. She the dipped her fingers in some red paint and drew some symbols on O's face. "Indra, do you accept that she will no longer be your second and that she will now be a sister. Ready to fight beside you as an equal? "

"Octavia, you are no longer my second." Indra raises the wine to her lips. "You are my sister warrior"

Andu nods and continues, "My commander, do you accept that Octavia of the tree people as part of our clan? A warrior for you to command?"

"I am honored to accept Octavia of the tree people into my service, but first we must see if she possesses the second sight." Lexa holds out her hand, and Andu hands her a cup filled with a steaming liquid. "Octavia, you must drink all of this, it may make you feel strange, you may see strange things but do not be afraid, you are one of us and we will not leave you. " Lexa hands Octavia the cup and pauses. "Do not lose heart if you do not see anything, you were not born of the earth, and it is a rare gift."

Octavia takes the cup, looks at me, I nod slightly. She tilts the cup and drinks it at once. Her reaction is almost immediate.

Lincoln POV

I watch with pride as Octavia drinks the liquid. I gesture to Bellamy and Clarke that we should sip our wine as well. As we finish I look to Octavia and I can see her eyes start to glaze over, she can't see us anymore. We are all a little shocked when she starts speaking in a strange voice. I don't think any of us expected this. This is a rare gift even amongst our people, but to see a sky person have this gift...I knew Octavia was special the first moment I saw her in the woods.

Octavia POV

I drink the cup Lexa hands me without hesitation, I want this. I feel the effects immediately. I feel a warm sensation go thru me, I can no longer see the room around me, everything gets cloudy and then it shifts and gets clearer. It is like I am watching a movie, I see but I am not a part of the action. I see Wick arguing with a girl I don't know her name. She came to earth with him. She tells him if he does not follow orders he will kill Raven.

Weird...

The scene shifts again, and I see Abby arguing with a man, Clarke is there too. They are crying and they both looked shocked. I don't recognize him but they call him Jake. My mom is there too! She has been dead for over 2 years!!

What the hell did they give me??!

The scene shifts again and I see Bellamy searching the woods with Lincoln and some scouts from our clan. I hear them mention Clarke...

The scene shifts yet again and I see Clarke and Bellamy. Bell is holding a baby while Clarke is smiling at both of them, wait she is holding a baby too! Two babies? Twins?

Damn I though Monty's moonshine was strong..!

I can hear myself speaking but I have no idea what I am saying.

I feel the room start to spin and gradually my vision returns. I look up to see everyone staring at me. Bell and Clarke look stunned by what has happened.

Andu is the first to speak. She bows to me, along with both Lexa and Indra . "Octavia of the tree people, it would appear that you have the gift of the second sight."

I blink hearing her words as I still am not exactly sure what happened.