Chapter 27 Awkward Conversation

Jake POV

Abby throws herself sobbing, near the edge of the cliff in an attempt to see if Kane survived. As I look over the side I am shocked to see both men hanging on for dear life a few feet down.

"I need help! " I call to the others while trying to pull Abby away from the edge.

Aurora comes to help me with Abby.

Bellamy, to my chagrin, gives my daughter a quick kiss before coming to help me along with Dave. Clarke goes to comfort her mother.

Octavia and Wick have managed to subdue Liv and the other guard who appears to be a little confused as to what is going on.

Especially when Chancellor Bennet walks in with several guards in tow and she is very clearly in charge of the situation.

The extra hands help us get Kane up in no time and Abby hugs him as if her life depends on it.

Marsh is also brought up and into the waiting anger of the Chancellor.

When Marsh sees her he visibly loses his color. "You've been busy I see" she clips at him.

"I can explain" he stammers

"No need Marsh, we have the, audio and video feed thanks to Dave and his team. You will be locked up for quite awhile."

She snaps her fingers and her guards take Marsh and his people out.

She turns to Aurora and I. "I must thank you for your help in gathering evidence on Marsh, I'm glad none of you were seriously hurt." She shakes our hands. "I assume you want to rest and eat before you return home, but just know that you are welcome to stay as long as you want." She smiles at us.

We all exchange looks and I shake my head, "Thank you Chancellor, but another time perhaps? We have friends outside who are worried about us, can you just show us the way to the nearest exit?"
The rest of our group nods wearily.

~~~~

Bellamy POV

When we exit the mountain we find Lincoln and the others pacing inside the tree line. He throws his arms around Octavia and I see my mom looking him over. She glances at me and I nod to let her know Lincoln is ok. I keep walking holding Clarke's hand.

Let Octavia deal with mom on this one...

No sooner do I have that thought then I realize. Mom will be staying in my cabin.
The cabin I share with Clarke.

That will be awkward

I tug Clarke's hand and pull her to a stop letting the others walk a little bit ahead.
Clarke looks at me quizzically.
"Clarke? " I whisper

"Yeah?"

"You should stay with your mom tonite or with one of the girls..."

"Why?" She looks at me like I have lost it, maybe I have.

"Well, you and I...we...and my mom...." I stutter, unable to bring myself to say it. I can't look her in the eye as I feel a flush creeps into my cheeks.

It takes her a minute to understand what I am trying unsuccessfully to say. When she does, a huge grin lights up her face and she laughs.
"Bellamy Blake, you are so cute when you are embarrassed." She kisses me, then frowns, "Exactly how long are we supposed to keep this up?"

"Well, I've been thinking about that for awhile now, Princess..." I smile and pull a grounder necklace out of my pocket.

I had asked Lincoln a couple of weeks ago, what grounder customs are for marriage.
He got this for me to give to Clarke.
It is made of leather and has what is called a moonstone dangling on the end attached with some silvery wire. It is a shimmery pink stone with shades of blue and white sparkling throughout. I show her the necklace and take a deep breath.

"Clarke, will you marry me?"

Her eyes start to sparkle and she throws her arms around me and gives me a kiss. "Yes Bell!"

After several minutes we break apart. She lifts her hair aside as I help her put the necklace on and we hurry to catch up to the others who have taken a little rest break.

~~~~~

Aurora POV

We have been walking for several hours when we finally see camp Jaha come into view. It is late afternoon and we are all tired and hungry.
The men had taken the opportunity to hunt on the way back and the opportunity for a hot meal and some sleep was irresistible.
As I looked around at our group I realized that I needed to have a talk with my children, and might be a bit awkward.

Bellamy had already decided that I would stay with him and Clarke so I was a little surprised when she went with Abby. Octavia and Linoln came with us so maybe she thought we wanted to talk.

As we got to the cabin I looked around. It was more spacious than it looked from the outside and it was clean. Hearing that Bellamy built most of it made me proud of my son.

Octavia and Bellamy worked together to get dinner ready, since I had no experience working with fresh food. This gave me a chance to get to know Lincoln.
He seemed very respectable, snd polite despite his tough appearance.

He even asked permission to marry Octavia. Who, when she heard the conversation, blushed. I smiled at both of them.
"Lincoln, who my children marry is up to them as long as they are happy. This isn't the Ark" I said looking at both of my children.

Silence filled the air for a moment. Broken by Octavia giving me a hug. When she pulled away she gave Bellamy a glance, then looked back at me. "Can you tell us about our dad?"

Octavia POV

Bell looked shocked that I asked mom that, but he would understand if he knew about my vision. I had to know the truth, and mom was back now. We needed to know.

She looked at both of us and motioned for us to come and sit down.

"The first thing you both need to know is that I did not tell your fathers about either one of you" we just stared at her wanting her to continue. "Octavia, well for obvious reasond no one was supposed to know. Bellamy..." she paused and his ears perked up and I could see his muscles tense as she started to speak.

"Bellamy, your father is Marcus Kane"

We both just sat there staring at her like idiots. I am certain that was the last name we expected to hear. At that moment there was a knock on the door. Bellamy went to open it and found himself staring at his dad.

Yeah this wasn't going to be awkward at all...
~~~~

A/N

fangirl368 Happy birthday and enjoy!