73

WHEN HOPE WOKE UP THE NEXT morning, she was surprised to find that she was the only one on it. Jaxon was not by her side. After taking a shower and getting ready for the day, she went to look for him but found him nowhere— neither him nor Landon were anywhere to be found.

However, when she saw a text he left her saying ‘I went somewhere, won’t return till late.’ she was somewhat relieved. And then she also heard the message Landon left for her and the others saying that he needed some time alone after discovering that Hope knew of his mother and didn't tell him— when in fact, he was taken by Triad.

Not suspecting anything, Hope and the others continued with their day.

Jaxon, on the other hand went straight to the underworld to have a talk with his dad. It was actually accessible to him, all he had to do was close his eyes and concentrate hard enough to teleport there. He could only teleport there though and nowhere else.

"To what do I owe the visit?" Hades asked, sitting on his throne while Jaxon stood in front of him with his hands shoved in his pockets.

The underworld was cold despite the fire. And it was incredibly quiet, only whispers could be heard despite the number of people present in that place. It was fascinating, really.

"I feel like you haven't told me everything about how to destroy Malivore." Jaxon stated straight forwardly. Hades allowed an evil grin to settle on his face, "how exactly did you come to that conclusion?"

"Because you are a dick," He responded, "you just want Hope gone."

"Of course I want her gone!" He hissed, getting up from his throne, "she's an obstacle, she isn't letting you reach your full potential. I don't want her in your life! You shouldn't either."

"So you were lying when you said that I was going to remember her?" Jaxon asked, narrowing his eyes at the god, "you stuck up son of a b—"

"—Don't speak to me in that way, Hades cut him off, walking towards him, "you will remember her— you are supposed to remember everyone despite the fact that they were eaten by Malivore— but not if I don't want you to. And guess what? I don't want you to remember that tribrid."

"Why not?"

"Because," he placed a hand on the side of Jaxon's face, his hand was cold, sending shivers down the demigod's spine, "she's making you weak."

Jaxon let a scoff past his lips, pushing his hand away from his face, "no, she's not."

"Yes, she is." Hades insisted, "look at you. You are reeking of love! You've fallen for that mortal."

"She can be immortal," Jaxon said with a roll of his eyes making Hades shake his head, "no supernatural is truly immortal except us, gods. She can be killed." He began walking around in circles, his hands clasped behind his back as he continued to speak, to prove his point, "vampires are said to be immortal, no? But they can be killed, can they not? What about The Originals? You know, your girlfriend's family. Her father and her uncle— weren't they supposed to be immortal? They couldn't be killed, could they? But they died, didn't they? White oak stakes. If an original can be killed then anything— even a phoenix can die."

"The golden arrow," Jaxon mumbled with a sigh.

"Ah, yes," Hades chuckled, "see, nothing is truly immortal except us... Gods. We can't die. There's absolutely no way to kill us."

"Yeah but you can be crippled forever, chopped into tiny pieces, or just fade—" Jaxon was cut off by his father who shot him a look, "that's nonsense."

"You seem to have forgotten that I'm not even a full god," he said, "I'm only half— and a werewolf as well."

"You're a demigod and a werewolf, yes," Hades stated, nodding, "but you are immortal. You have my blood running in your veins and your mother was a powerful alpha, that makes you incredibly powerful. You are immortal, truly. You can't be killed but the fact that you are part wolf makes you somewhat vulnerable to wolfsbane and dark magic. However, they can't kill you no matter what."

"What's your problem with me loving someone anyway? You're acting like you've never—"

"—This isn't about me." Hades cut him off yet again, "I don't want you to let your guard down. Do you have any idea how many times you've been hurt because of that girl? I've seen how she tormented you with your bad memories that day."

"That was in the past," he mumbled, "I—"

"—You easily forgave her for doing such a thing. The Jaxon I knew would have tortured her back!"

"Don't raise your voice at me," Jaxon clenched his jaw as he stared at Hades, "you have no right to talk to me like that! You literally watched me getting tortured for hours until you finally decided that,yeah now would be a good time to intervene’ so this is all your fault, you could've stopped that— you could've stopped everything but you didn't. You could've stopped me from killing mom but you didn't! You just... watched."

Hades went quiet at that. Jaxon did have a point. "I was—"

"—I don't wann know. I'm giving you five minutes to tell me the real way to destroy that stupid Malivore shit you created before I go back and decide to never talk to you again. I'll just pretend like you don't exist."

Sighing, he walked back to sit on his throne before he spoke, "there are only two ways to destroy Malivore; Two of the most powerful Supernatural beings ever." Jaxon's brows furrowed in realisation. "It's either you or her," Hades continued, "and I want it to be her."

________________

I really hope that whatever shit I'm writing is making sense. Please tell me if its not 😭💀