24

HOPE WAS BROUGHT BACK from the memory with a gasp. She found Jaxon looking at her with a blank face— he was waiting for her reaction, for her to say anything. Hope brought her free hand to her face and wiped the tears that fell. "I..."

He let go of her other hand, leaning his head against the headboard, waiting for her outburst.

"They deserved it," she said, holding his hand again as she brushed her thumb over his knuckles. Jaxon looked at her, not removing his hand from her hold, "hmm?"

"These people, they deserved what you did to them." Hope repeated, "I'm sorry about your mom. I... I didn't know it was that bad."

"Now you do." He muttered, looking away, "I killed her."

"No, you didn't." She shook her head, "She would have killed you if not and besides, you were only ten and your powers were out of control. It's not your fault." He said nothing as she sighed, "I'm sorry."

"Stop apologising." He groaned, "I don't know what to tell you."

"Maybe tell me that you've forgiven me?" She attempted her luck, "I've never apologised to someone that much before— I've never said sorry to someone more than once."

Jaxon rolled his eyes, voice dripping with sarcasm as he spoke, "I'm considering myself special then."

"You should— Do you forgive me?" Hope asked, "a–am I forgiven?" He nodded, "fine, yeah, whatever—" he brought his free hand to her face and wiped a drop of tear away from her face, "—since you're crying."

"Who else knows about this?" Hope asked, leaning against the headboard as well. Jaxon shrugged, "Caroline, Alaric and Emma— and now you. Don't tell anyone about this."

"I won't," she promised. Jaxon glanced at her, "your boy toy is back, do you know that?"

"Back at the school?" She asked to which he nodded, "yeah, him and the pup as well. They were hanging around, using the pup's werewolf abilities to make money—" Jaxon scoffed, shaking his head at that, "—how fucking irresponsible."

"How do you know that?" Hope raised her brows at Jaxon who said, "let's just say that I've got people around informing me of things."

"What kind of people?"

"The kind that you don't need to know about," He replied, "aren't you gonna go check on your boy toy?"

"Who, Landon?" Hope scoffed, shaking her head, "no, why would I? We aren't even friends at this point. All he did was lie and risked the exposure of our worlds. If anything, he needs to be—"

"—Killed." He cut in making Hope roll her eyes, "—compelled to forget. But it's not working for some weird unknown reasons. Think he's a supernatural?"

"He's definitely a supernatural," Jaxon said, "I just don't know what yet. Maybe a shape shifter."

"What do you think he shape shifts into?" Hope asked, raising her brows in amusement. Jaxon shrugged, "a rat perhaps— you know he's always going on about small spaces and shit."

The tribrid chuckled,"you don't make fun of someone's trauma."

"I'm not, I was just saying." The half–god retorted, "anyway, I'm going to watch a movie."

"I thought you were sleepy?" Hope arched her brows, "didn't you say that you were sleepy? Exhausted even?"

"Not anymore." He smirked, grabbing the remote from the beside drawer. Hope huffed at that, "I can't believe that you've got a TV in your room whilst I got nothing."

"You have a bed." He pointed out, "and a cupboard and your own bathroom, those aren't nothing."

"But it's not fair." She frowned, looking at the TV fixed on the wall in front of Jaxon's bed, "you get to have everything."

"You see, darling—" Jaxon turned the TV on, clicking on Netflix, "—when you're loaded, you can do whatever the fuck you want."

"I am loaded." Hope stated, "yet Alaric doesn't let me."

"You're a witch," Jaxon said blankly, "surely you can do something about it. Use your brain— never mind, again, I forgot you don't have that."

"Fuck you."

"Slow down," he faked a shocked face, "we just reconciled! What's wrong with you?"

"Go to hell." Hope rolled her eyes, looking at the TV, "put a movie. I'm gonna watch with you."

A look of mischief crossed Jaxon's features, "Hope?"

"Yes?" She turned to him, her brows raised.

"Have you ever watched fifty shades?" He questioned earning a confused look from the tribrid who shook her head, "no, what's it about?"

"Oh, nothing..." he put on the movie, pausing it, "It's an action movie. There are just punishment and tortures— you know?"

"Okay, sounds fun." Hope smiled, "let's watch it then. Play it."