28

THE GROUP OF SIX STOOD surrounding Dana who was on the bench as they listened to her story, "we were on our way to graffiti that mill at your school. It was a harmless prank but then I got snatched. Next thing I remember, I woke up in a ditch." Dana looked at Lizzie, "so enjoy it while you can, Lizzie. I'm sure I look like crap."

"Well at least she's self aware." Jaxon muttered under his breath making Lizzie's lips twitch up despite the situation. They couldn't help but feel apathetic towards Dana who reached out and touched her neck, feeling her raw skin from the bite making her gasp, "oh my god!" She began panicking, touching the bite, "what is that?"

"It's..." Hope trailed off, not knowing what to say, "someone help me out here."

"—a hickey!" Jaxon blurted out making Dana snap her head at him, a boy she always had a crush on but didn't dare to do anything about it. Lizzie nodded, "it's the mother of all hickeys. You're fine, Dana. You're just a little slutty."

"I don't even like any of you," Dana said, looking at Jaxon, "except you. Nonetheless, I should be taking to the cops." She stood up about to walk away when Jaxon stepped in front of her, "can't let you do that."

"Ad somnum." Hope said making Dana fall unconscious on the ground. Lizzie turned to Kaleb, "so you didn't kill her. You freaking turned her?"

"Turned her?" Kaleb repeated, "you think I want to sit and listen to that for all eternity?"

Jaxon explained, using one of his foot to turn Dana's head to the side so he could take a look at the bite, "I don't think it was him."

"Well, someone did." Hope said, "which means that we have a transitioning vampire on our hands." She turned to the others, "so what are we gonna do with her?"

**

MEANWHILE RAFAEL WAS about to walk up the stairs when Jed appeared in front of him, "foster kid, I've been looking for you."

Rafael looked at Jed, "I'll catch you up later, I gotta get to class." Two other boys walked behind Rafael, trapping him in between them and Jed. "Look, uh, Jed, right?" He walked up the stairs towards Jed, "I don't want any problems."

"Neither do we," Jed responded, "we just want to initiate you into the pack. Okay, the process is simple. You triggered your Werewolf curse this month which means you killed someone recently. Maybe on purpose, maybe not. All you gotta do it tell us the story, that's our rite of passage."

Rafael shook his head, "yeah I'm not really a pack kinda guy." He attempted to walk away but Jed placed a hand on his chest, stopping him, "you still don't get it, do you? You don't have a choice. You can either submit or can bleed and then submit. It's your call."

"What about Jaxon?" Rafael asked, raising his brows at Jed who furrowed his, "what about him?"

"Are you his alpha as well?" Rafael questioned making a scoff past Jed's lips, "no."

"If he can run alone then I can too." Rafael said seriously resulting in a humourless chuckle from Jed, "yeah? I'm sorry but you're not a god, are you? And besides, Jaxon has alpha blood running through his veins. I would've have been able to make him submit to me even if he wasn't part god. He's too strong, he would've been the alpha."

"Then why isn't he?"

"Because he hates people." Jed rolled his eyes, "being Hades's son as all that— he said that he didn't want to lead a bunch of dogs so I'm the alpha and you do what I tell you to."

"No." Rafael attempted to run away again but Jed caught him and that's when a fight broke out. The two werewolves who were behind Rafael joined and together alongside Jed, they started beating Rafael up, wanting to him to submit to their alpha and come part of their pack.