48

“THANK YOU AGAIN FOR coming to help me," Landon said to Alaric. They were all sitting in the car, on their way back to the school. Both Jaxon and Hope were lost in thoughts. They were the only ones who remembered what happened while Alaric and Landon were as confused as ever.

"Sorry you didn't find your mother," Alaric's tone was filled with a hint of sadness and confusion, "what I don't understand is why I can't remember how we found you. Hope? Any theories?"

"Work in progress." Hope responded just as Landon noticed where they were going. He was quick to say, "Uh, I think the bus stop is actually that way."

"Oh, that's okay. We'll drive you."

"Where?" Landon questioned to which Alaric replied, "home."

As much as Jaxon hated to admit it, Landon's life was screwed up. He was somewhat glad that he couldn't remember his mother or he would've had a depressed episode again.

"Why the change of heart?" Landon asked making Alaric shrug, "call it a gut feeling. Or you could just add it to the list of things I don't know."

The doors to the Salvatore school opened themselves, allowing Alaric's car to pass through. The group of four out of the car and headed inside the school. Landon was given the same room he was previously given.

Jaxon went to his own room, in need of a shower after spending a long and tiring day. After having spent around fifteen minutes standing under the water, he stepped out, wrapping a towel around his waist.

The second he stepped out of the bathroom, he saw Hope sitting on the edge of his bed. Upon noticing his presence, she looked up, "hey—" she cut herself off when she realized that he was in a towel only. "Oh you're... half naked."

"Wait, really?" He questioned, voice filled with sarcasm resulting in Hope rolling her eyes, "I was wondering whether you wanted to..." She trailed off, trying to ignore his exposed body.

"Whether I wanted to...?" Jaxon taunted with a smirk upon noticing her trying her best not to look down.

"I— I was wondering whether you— you—" she paused, taking a deep breath before speaking as fast as she could, "doyouwanttobemyboyfriend?"

Jaxon's brows shot up as he faked a look of disgust, "what? No, of course not."

"What?" Hope stood up from his bed. Before he could say anything, she shook her head, "alright... it's okay, I'm sorry. I just thought that um— you know what? It doesn't matter. I'll just leave. Good night."

The second she walked past him, his hand reached out to grab her wrist and pulled her backwards. Once she was right in front of him, her face inches away from his, he neared his face closer to hers, their breaths fanning each other's lips. Then, he moved his hand from her wrist to the back of her head and asked with a voice just above a whisper, "you just thought that what?"

"I just thought that..." Her eyes flickered from his eyes to his lips and she involuntarily licked her own, feeling her insides burning at their proximity. "That..." She trailed off, at lost of words.

"Hmm?" He neared his face even closer to hers, Hope's eyes fluttering shut when he pushed her head closer so that her lips were hovering above his.

"Why don't you want me?" She asked, her voice low as she was hesitant to ask and wasn't sure whether she wanted to hear his answer. Jaxon pulled his head away at her question, "did I say anything about not wanting you?"

"No well yes—" she paused, looking at him, "you just rejected me and now you're doing this... whatever this is. I will not allow myself to be a one time thing or played with." Regaining her voice and confidence, she spoke, "if you want this to continue, there has to be an us or nothing at all."

"Is that so?" His other hand went to rest on her waist, "I should be the one to ask you that question."

"What?" Her eyes widened, "but you said—" 

"I was messing with you," he smirked when her hand that was now resting on his bare chest lightly slapped him, "fuck you."

"Right after we've made things official," he muttered resulting in a deep blush to form on her face. Still having  a smirk on his face, he used his other hand to put a strand of her hair behind her ear, "so, tell me, Mikaelson, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"Yes," the second she said that word, he crashed his lips on hers.