46

USING HER WEREWOLF STRENGTH, Hope pushed Jaxon against the nearest wall earning a chuckle from him which was cut off when she continued to kiss him.

He groaned, his hands going to rest on her hips as he drawled her closer, wanting to feel the warmth her body was giving him, bitting her bottom lip as he demanded for her to part her lips for him to get access which she did.

As soon as he slid his tongue inside, his hand came to rest on the side of her neck, his other hand going to her waist as in one swift move, he switched their positions, pinning her against the wall. Hope wrapped a leg around his waist, drawing him closer and getting closer herself, both of them having completely forgotten their location.

"Never let anyone touch you in that way or kiss you again." Jaxon mumbled in between the kiss. Hope only nodded in response, resuming to kiss him.

"Hope, Jax—" Alaric cut himself off, his eyes widening, "—oh my god!" He exclaimed which made neither Hope nor Jaxon pull away, "no, no, no, this can't be happening."

He kissed her one last time, drawing her bottom lip between his teeth as he pulled away slowly before turning to Alaric, "stop being so dramatic. You knew this would happen."

"And you're the one always telling me that I need to connect with people," Hope added, fixing her hair. Alaric rolled his eyes, "not literally! Where's Landon? I thought he'd be with you."

"Clearly he's not there," Jaxon responded, "he's probably inside, feeling depressed because he just got rejected—" he was cut off when Hope nudged him in the ribs. Alaric narrowed his eyes at the two, "what's that supposed to mean?"

"Nothing... Anyway, Landon is inside," Hope said, raising her brows at Alaric, "why are you looking for him?"

"Gotta talk." Not giving them the opportunity to say anything else, Alaric turned around and walked away.

Jaxon's eyes fell on Seylah who was trying to open a car or something. "Is she running away?"

Hope's eyes followed where he was looking and sighed, rolling her eyes at the woman's actions before the two decided to make their way towards her.

"Let me guess," Hope began, "pizza run?"

"Alaric was right," Seylah said without turning to look at them, "you are a pain."

"I'm not the one who's stealing a car at the moment," Hope shot back making her reply, "it's my car so it's not stealing."

"Oh then you're just afraid to go upstairs and get your keys," Hope said, "because then you'd have to tell Landon that you're abandoning him again. Even worse."

"Mother of the year, really." Jaxon scoffed making Seylah finally turn to look at the two.

"He likes you, Hope," Seylah said, looking at Hope then glanced at Jaxon, "and he admires you. Be good to him, both of you."

"You first," Hope stated before asking, "now, are you coming with or do I need to drag your ass upstairs?"

"I never thought I'd see him again," Seylah began making Jaxon inwardly roll his eyes as she continued, "And I was okay with that. Being a mother was never on my list of things to do before I die. Every now and then, over the years, I wondered how he was. What kind of person he turned out to be. If he had a nice life." She exhaled, adding, "turns out he's a good person with a crappy life. He deserves better."

"Then help make it better," Hope suggested with a confused look on her face as Seylah got inside her car, "That's exactly what I'm doing." She then closed the door and started her car.

Hope crossed her arms, "what you think you're doing for him doesn't matter. All that he's gonna remember of you is that you abandoned him when he needed you the most."

"No," Seylah said, "he won't remember me. Period. And neither will any of you."

"You're gonna throw yourself into your baby daddy as weird as it sounds?" Jaxon questioned, raising his brows as Seylah nodded, ignoring the way he phrased that.

Before any of them could react, Seylah took out a gun and pointed it in Hope's direction before shooting. The small arrow hit her neck before Jaxon could react. Instead of going after Seylah who drove away, he caught Hope before she could hit the ground. "Fucking bitch."

Closing his eyes, he concentrated on her neck where she was hit and within a few seconds, her eyes shot open. "Slept well?"

Hope rolled her eyes as she got up on her feet, brows furrowed, "can you hear that?"