17

JAXON'S BREATHS CAME IN shakes, anger flooding through his veins as Hope stopped the spell she casted on him. The seventeen year old half–god–werewolf got on his feet and without giving Hope the time to say anything, he rushed towards her, wrapped his hand around her throat and slammed her against the nearest tree. "Who the fuck do you think you are?"

Hope had never seen him so angry. Jaxon's eyes were switching between red and grey, which was his normal eyes colour— having a hard time controlling his emotions. Everyday he'd get nightmares about that day and then there was Hope— making him live that day again.

"I–I'm sorry," Hope said, regret guilt in her eyes, "you're hurting me. Back off!"

"I'm hurting you?" He scoffed, loosening his grip around her throat nonetheless, "you put me through hell back there. I'm going to fucking kill yo—" he was cut off when Hope muttered a spell which was supposed to send him flying backwards but he quickly blocked her powers—another one of his abilities, making her grow weak. "Hell no you won't."

"Jax!" Alaric exclaimed but the boy paid him no attention. "Jaxon!" Walking over the two before pulling him away from Hope, knowing that Jaxon would never hurt him. "That's enough!"

Hope's hands flew to her neck as she took in deep breaths, eyes blurry with tears as regret and guilt swam through her body.

"Fuck you," Jaxon said to Hope, voice void of emotions before he glanced at Alaric and walked away, ignoring the sky which turned a bit dark grey and red.

Alaric grabbed Hope's arm and helped her on her feet, the girl holding the older man's own arm for support. She used dark magic on Jaxon and she knew she shouldn't have done that. Once she regained her strength, she broke away from Alaric's grip.

"We don't allow black magic." Alaric spoke, clearly angry at her for what she did. Hope looked at the body of the dragon as he continued to speak, "It gets inside your heart and it poisons your mind. Now, I looked the other way this morning 'cause I knew you were upset, but this is a death spell... And the one you used on Jaxon— what was that? Why did you do it?"

"He was not going to let me do it." Hope mumbled, "I... I reacted bad to it. I—I'm sorry."

"I'm not the one you should be apologising to." Alaric sighed, "what did the spell do to him?"

"It..." Hope looked away in guilt and shame, "It showed him the memory he dreaded the most on repeat— made him live it over and over again until I stopped it."

"Can you see what memory he saw?" Alaric asked to which she shook her head, "no. But I'm guessing how he triggered his curse. I didn't mean to do it— I didn't know it was going to be this bad. I—"

"—Bury her," Alaric nodded in the direction of the woman, " I'll wait for you in the car."

Hope sighed, nodding as the headmaster of the Salvatore school made his way back to the car. He was expecting to see Jaxon there but however, only Landon and Rafael were and they were staring up at the sky with fear evident on their features.

"Is this normal?" Rafael asked Alaric on seeing him, "I've never seen this before... Does that mean another monster is coming?"

"No," Alaric laughed, shaking his head, "that just means that Jax's super pissed."

"Huh?" Landon frowned in confusion, "he can control the weather?"

"No, not really." Alaric replied, "it's just that— well it's complicated. But the sky's affected when he's angry, that's all. It's some sort of warning since he's Hades's son and all that. I mean, he could cause the end of the world."

"Why's he pissed?" Questioned Rafael earning a loud sigh from Alaric, "ask Hope when she comes back. Now, have any of you seen angry bird?"

"Of course." Landon snorted, "who hasn't?"

"He's talking about Jaxon." Rafael said to his friend whose mouth formed an 'O' in response. Alaric nodded, raising his brows at the two who shook their head as Landon said, "nope, he didn't come this way."

"Great." Alaric sighed, "let's just wait for Hope and leave."

"But what about him?" Rafael asked to which Alaric replied, "If he's angry, it's best to leave him alone. I trust he'll find his way back home."