15

AFTER FINDING OUT THAT THEIR fire breathing witch was actually a dragon, the group decided to take her out with a knife after being told that they needed a butt–load of courage and a sword.

"Hope and I will deal with her while the rest of you are going to stay here." Jaxon said in a tone that left no room for arguments. Even Ric nodded as Hope opened the door and the two of them went out.

Using her powers, Hope threw the woman away. "Didn't anyone ever tell you that smoking is bad for you?"

Jaxon rolled his eyes at her pun, "okay, Mikaelson, that sucked."

Before Hope could say anything, the woman got up on her feet again and charged. However, before she could take a second step forward, Jaxon's eyes glowed red as the woman fell on her knees, clutching to her neck, unable to breathe.

"I don't need a knife to kill that." He snorted when the woman's eyes began to drift close. However, she took a deep breath—ragged one—before breathing out with a growl, fire escaping her mouth. "Fuck— okay, maybe I do."

Hope was quick to react, "scutum," the fire the woman was releasing went upwards as Hope held her hand forward, shielding both Jaxon and herself. That's when he increased the pressure on her throat, making her unable to breath anymore. She gasped and choked, falling to her sides. He grabbed the knife from Hope and threw it at the woman, the knife pierced through her heart, killing her instantly.

The others came out of the cellar and looked at the body. "Good job," Alaric nodded at Hope and Jaxon before pointing to the body, "let's give her a proper burial. See if you can find a shovel." The others walked back to the cellar, looking for a shovel.

Once inside, Landon let out a breath, "you guys were so cool back there!"

"Whatever," Jaxon muttered, grabbing a shovel before they walked out of the root cellar again. This time, they found a full big dragon standing, staring at them.

"Woah, what the fuck?" Jaxon placed a hand in front of Hope to prevent her from going any further out of instinct. Appreciating it, she took a few steps backward, standing beside him. The dragon flew up and stared at them from above before growling as he breathed fire again.

Jaxon was quick to react. He shielded himself with his elbow, the second the fire attempted to hit his skin, a red sort of barrier prevented it, sending the fire back to the dragon. "How do we kill this shit?"

"You guys go," Hope looked at the others, "get to the car and get out of here."

"What about you?" Rafael asked to which Hope replied, "I have an idea."

"What?" Alaric asked making Jaxon show him the knife, "she wants this so she's going to come back for it."

Alaric looked at Rafael and Landon, "alright you two go to the car. I'll meet you there, go. Go!" Landon and Rafael ran away. He then looked at Hope and Jaxon, "you two woke up with a death wish today?"

"Something like that," Hope sighed while Jaxon let out a breath, "you seem to forget that I'm immortal."

"All right, it's coming back." Alaric stated, looking at the dragon which regained it's force, "now what?"

"You two should take cover." Hope said looking at the two males. Alaric furrowed his brows, "like hell." Hope turned to him, "then tell me how I'm gonna explain to your daughters that all that's left of you is hot ash?"

Sighing, Alaric rushed back to the cellar while Jaxon stayed behind. Hope shot him a look, "you too."

"Excuse me?" He frowned at her. Hope bit her lip, "you should take cover as well. Just... Trust me on this one, please?"

"No." He denied, shaking his head, "we're taking this shit down together whether you like it or not."

"Fine." Hope sighed, "don't say I didn't warn you."

"What are you—" he cut himself off upon realising what she was about to do, "—don't do that. There are other ways—"

"—there's no other way!" Hope exclaimed, "I'm doing this. I have to."

"I'm not letting you." Jaxon stepped forward, snatching the knife from her hand, "it's dangerous. It can cost you your lif—"

He was not expecting for Hope to mumble a spell, sending him flying backwards. He crashed into a tree and quickly stood up, Dusting off his clothes, "what the fuck was that?"

"I'm sorry," without giving him the chance to even blink, she used dark magic— which sent memories flashing in his mind. How his curse was triggered, although Hope didn't know what happen nor could she see what he was but it was all heartbreaking.

Flashes of how he killed her flashed in front of his eyes— memories Jaxon tried so hard to forget and was starting to get over it but now, he was reminded of it again. He fell on his knees, clutching to his head while letting out short ragged breaths. Hope watched but said nothing as she started with her dark magic to get rid of the dragon.