5

JAXON AND HOPE WERE NOT friends but they were not enemies either. They didn't hate each other— in fact, they had his sort of understanding for each other as they were both the only ones of their kind.

They would often get into arguments but it was never serious. On the contrary, the two found it rather fun. However, their arguments— no matter how long it was— they would never use their abilities on each other and hurt each other intentionally.

Hope was one of the few people Jaxon actually tolerated— if not liked. To Hope, Jaxon was much more than someone she liked arguing with yet Jaxon was not able to see that the tribrid clearly had feelings for him.

However, It was evident to everyone but these two that they clearly felt something for each other and while they refused to act up on it, they might just have to because of the new challenges and new people.

Both Hope and Jaxon has lot a lot. However, unlike Hope, Jaxon was truly alone— he had no Family if you'd exclude his adoptive one. His mother, who was an alpha was killed along with his entire pack so he had nobody.

Jaxon was running in the forest, alone and bored in his wolf form. He was huge— bigger than all the wolves and his fur was as dark as the night. His eyes were red and he had a stripe of red on his tail which made him completely unique. He halted in his steps when he sniffed the familiar scent. Following it, he found a white wolf standing and looking at him.

Hope.

After a wordless exchanged, she turned around and began running. Jaxon gave her a headstart and waited a few seconds before beginning to run after her, chasing her.

She ran as fast as she could and Jaxon who was right on her tail. Amusement, excitement and happiness were what they were feeling as he chased her.

However, when the Hope's steps halted, Jaxon stopped running and walked towards her. She nodded in a direction and he glanced there before listening it. They were hearing footsteps and an unfamiliar scent filled their senses.

They began talking slow steps towards the direction where the Footsteps were heard and found Landon Kirby walking.

Hope began running towards Landon and so he followed as well. Landon, noticed the two wolves coming at him with sizes bigger than he has ever seen. A black wolf with red eyes and a white wolf with yellow ones. The black one was bigger than the white one, he was a male— Landon figured.

He began running away from the two wolves but failed miserably when Hope jumped on him and shifted, grabbing his jacket before putting them on, hiding her naked body. Landon turned around, eyes widening, "are you crazy? I almost killed you!"

Landon's eyes trailed to the black wolf while Hope looked at him as well. The black wolf went behind a tree and grabbed a pair of pants he would usually hide there before shifting back to his human form then walked out from behind.

He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, looking at Landon, "weren't you supposed to be fucking locked?" He didn't notice Hope's lingering gaze on his bare tattooed chest.

"Someone let me out," Landon responded, looking at the two then at Jaxon, "you're a werewolf? Like Raf?"

"Fuck off," Jaxon rolled his eyes and turned to Hope, "I'm gonna go. Deal with boy scout here. Crazy stupid idiotic asshole who thought it would be fun to take a stroll in the forest in the middle of the night. Fucking Fantastic."

Hope and Landon stared at Jaxon's retreating figure. Landon broke the silence, "is he always so... Angry?"

"Sometimes," Hope responded, staring at the half-god who was walking away, "I find that kinda hot actually."

"I— what?" Landon's eyes widened at her sudden confession. Hope's eyes widened as well, realising of her slip, "I mean, I— well anyway, come on. It's not safe to be here."

**

Hope and Landon were in the Stefan Salvatore's memorial library and were talking about things when Hope said, "The people I care about have a tendency to die on me," she sighed, "I try not to get close to people anymore."

"Yeah, I can see that," Landon said, "although you seemed pretty close with that Jaxon guy."

"He's the only one who understands," Hope muttered, "he knows how it's like to be alone—He knows how it feels to be the only one of your kind. And he—he has never once said anything that actually hurt me, you know?"

"What's that supposed to mean? What are you?"

Landon's previous question was ignored, "um, my grandmother was a witch. So, all of those things passed down, making me..."

"A unicorn?" He joked.

"A hybrid of three different creatures, tri-brid." Hope clarified, "I can control when I turn, which is what I was doing tonight— I'm the only one of my kind."

"But..." Landon frowned in confusion, "Jaxon was there with you and he can also control when he turns, right? So what is he if you're the only one of your kind?"

"He's..." Hope paused, groaning, "don't shit your pants or anything but he's actually a God's offspring— along with a female alpha which makes him a god and a werewolf as well."

Landon laughed, thinking Hope was joking but when he realised that she was not laughing and not a hint of amusement was present on her face, he let out a shaky breath. "He's..." His eyes widened, "he's what?"

"I'm not repeating myself." Hope said seriously as Landon asked, "I mean... which god?"

"Hades." Hope responded with no hint of joking in her tone.

"He is the son of who?" He chuckled nervously, "okay.... I'm getting out of here first thing in the morning."