25

HOPE MIKAELSON WAS FLUSTERED, her heart was beating so fast that she feared it would rip out of her chest on it's own.

She could not watch the whole movie, she had to walk out of Jaxon's room midway. He laughed at her actions but said nothing as he paused the movie— he was not in the mood to watch it anyway. He only did it to see Hope's reaction. Switching to Avengers, he relaxed comfortably on his bed and watched.

**

"Like doctor Saltzman was saying, local girls, Dana Lilien and Sasha Stotereux didn't come home last night," Matt spoke, addressing to all the students who gathered in the great hall including Jaxon who was leaning against the wall in the back, his arms crossed as he listened. "Dana sometimes skips town for a few days to party but this is a first for Sasha." Matt continued.

"Thank you Sheriff Donavon," Alaric nodded to Matt, "now while the knife is away with Dorian and things are quiet on his end, it won't hurt to assume the worst. If Dana and Sasha..."

Alaric's voice went muffled at Jaxon's ears caught the voice of Kaleb making him listen in as he spoke to MG, "Dude, if you don't stop mugging me... You heard Ol' blue eyes. Dana has a history of running away."

Jaxon narrowed his eyes as he continued to eavesdrop. MG whispered, "I saw you feed on her." Jaxon raised his brows at that, did he now?

"Yeah, feed, not kidnap." Kaleb retorted, "MG, I'm telling you... Vampire to vampire, this ain't on me."

Jaxon huffed at his words, rolling his eyes at his recklessness as he turned his attention back to Alaric who was saying, "now, I'll need a few of you to volunteer to go to mystic falls high under the guise of an exchange program meant to improve relations between our schools, which, unfortunately is necessary given recent events." Alaric paused, "now, I give you permission to compel them, to gather materials for locator spells because any information we can get will make all the difference."

Lizzie then stood up from her seat, "well, I guess that I can set aside my differences with Dana for a day, because that is what heroes do. So... I volunteer as tribute."

Hope scoffed, looking at the guy next to her as she whispered, "she battles one gargoyle, and suddenly, she's Mother Teresa."

Jaxon couldn't help the amusement that he felt at her words. Kaleb looked at MG, "you're gonna be real embarrassed when I prove you wrong." He then stood up, "I'm in." Then, MG stood up as well, "I'm in too."

Hope stood up as well, "I'd like to help."

"Jaxon?" Alaric looked at the guy who raised his brows at him in response, "hmm?" Rolling his eyes, the headmaster said, "won't you like to help as well?" Alaric had a suggestive tone in his voice— one which clearly told Jaxon that he wanted him to volunteer.

"Why not?" He shrugged, shooting Alaric a look, "I've got nothing to do anyway. Alaric nodded, smiling lightly at the students who volunteered. After exchanging a few more words, he dismissed them.

**

THE STUDENTS OF THE Salvatore School stepped out of the bus one by one, staring at the building of the Mystic Falls High School.

Eyes fixed on them, watching their every movement as they walked towards the entrance.

"Okay," Lizzie placed her hands on her hips, looking at Jaxon, Hope, MG, Kaleb and Landon, "so here's the deal. Landon, you talk to any of the people you still know from when you went here. Jaxon, you try not to kill or threaten anyone and Hope, you try to not deliberately alienate the entire student body while the rest of us save the world."

"This isn't a contest, Lizzie." Hope said making Lizzie nod, "you're right. It's a mission for a hero and her league of—"

"—Stop with the cringiness already," Jaxon cut her off while the others silently appreciated it. Ignoring the glare Lizzie sent him, he raised his brows at her, "and since when are you in charge?"

"Since now," Lizzie shrugged. Jaxon shook his head, "not anymore, sis. Landon obviously have a bad reputation here, I highly doubt he anyone would want to talk to him." Landon nodded at that, "he's right... I didn't exactly have the best reputation here."

"See?" Jaxon smirked at Lizzie who rolled her eyes as he continued, "so, we'll just go out ways and try to find out as much as we can. We're gonna go in pairs to accelerate this whole shit." Jaxon threw an arm across Hope's shoulders, "she's with me. Lizzie's with MG, Kaleb's with Landon. Now, off you go."

"I work alone." Kaleb said earning a shrug from Jaxon who watched as he walked away. The half–god turned to Landon, "show us around, will you?"