I didn't even realise Monaco really had hills until I'd been dragged up two sets of it's apparent many stairs. And then this damn hill.

"The way down is easier." Daniel promises, wiping sweat from his forehead.  I'm eyeing him carefully a roll of my eyes. my pissed off expression makes him laugh, a deep sound vibrating from his chest.

How can somebody look so good whilst all sweaty? If this pathway wasn't filled with people walking their dogs, riding bikes and jogging (like us) I'd lean over and kiss him. His lips are pinker than usual and delicious looking and my eyes are lingering on them too long... Daniel is smirking. He knows what I'm thinking about.

"It better be." I huff, my hands landing back on my hips as I force in air to my lungs. Daniel only laughs at my threatening tone.

"Or what?" He asks, his eyes dancing with mischief, I giggle at the flirty question, my cheeks heating. He's teasing me! Something inside of my chest flutters with the look in his eyes.

"I'm too exhausted to think right now, I'll get back to you." I puff out, a dismissive wave of my hand paired with the words. Daniel is entertained by me, shaking his head in another laugh.

He allows me two more minutes to catch my breath before he's leading me down, it's a more gradual and even more scenic than the way up and he's right. It is a little easier.

We run on a gravel path that loops in and out of the different marina's overlooking boats and families on walks. We then move out, away from the hills that I've been hating so much, towards the sea onto a small lump of land which the water curves around.

It's more uneven here and I'm having to take my eyes away from Daniel to look at the floor so I don't trip on small rocks which are lying stray on the ground. The land gets even more uneven as we round the corner, I huff after losing my footing once or twice on the uneven surface. I've began to lag behind Daniel again as he comes to a stop a little further along the path.

He's looking out onto the sea, long body resting against a metal barrier which is here to stop us toppling into the water. The water which is crystal blue and sparkling in the daylight. The beach isn't too far away from here, but equally it's not exactly close. The sun is warm, but still not quite up to it's midday heat yet. I'm glad; I think I'd pass out if it were. I'm just glad of the rest.

"It's beautiful." I sigh, letting my exhausted body fall against the railing Daniel's is already resting against. I've always loved this place so much. This week that I've spent with Daniel is just another reason.

After Mum, Dad, Savannah and Ollie left Lando's I thought I'd be convinced to return to his apartment. Then Luisa caught Lando's tonsillitis and I had an excuse to stay away not wanting to be diseased. Never in my life have I been more thankful for an illness! Only thing is, tomorrow Daniel has to leave for London to go to the MTC so this really is our last day together here. I'd be lying if I said my chest didn't ache and I wasn't disappointed. I'm dreading being apart from him!

It's a little sad and pathetic, I know.

"It's awesome here." Daniel muses leaning down to tie his lace up on his shoe. He shuffles around a little. He still looks like he could run the same route again, I'm done. I think he's forgotten that I'm not a professional athlete as most of his friends seem to be.

"Do you know what happens now?" Daniel asks and I furrow my eyebrows at his strange question. It seems out of place based on our previous conversation. I don't understand it at all.

"What?" I ask after a beat, confusion evident in my tone a frown on my face. He scoots himself over the railing, swinging over his right leg then his left, and my mouth opens, hands reaching out to grasp at his arm. "Daniel!" I squeak his name in panic. As if I could keep his body up here if I tried.