“So, what do I owe the pleasure of seeing you here at this crappy high-school party with the cheapest booze and lamest people I've seen in a while?” he kept talking while placing a cigarette in between his lips, unintentionally looking like young God. Oh to have these genes...

I don’t want you to get me wrong here. I am in love with Rodrick (and openly admitting it does still feel pretty weird and I surely need to get used to the sound of those words) but this security guard was still very, very good looking. Pure objective physical attraction. If I didn’t know that pale ass bitch I fell for, I would totally try to make a move here, even though I'm probably on his blacklist. You know, try a little enemies to lovers. But since the moment I've met Rodrick it’s just that I quite simply don’t want anyone else. And welp, it sucks. But that’s just how it is right now.

He inhaled the smoke sharply before turning his head away to blow it out, offering you a cigarette as well.

You shook your head. “I’m good, thanks."

He smiled sheepishly before shoving them back in his pocket together with the lighter that was barely still working.

“It’s the smell” you explained.

He was about to throw away the cigarette he was smoking but you stopped him. It didn’t bother you when someone else did it. It just wasn’t what you liked.

“I'm just here to pick up my friends honestly. Seen the red head beauty and the punk rebel by any chance?” you asked, leaning your back against the wall behind you.

He chuckled amused and before he even had the chance to say anything, you already knew where they were and what they were doing. Maddie, I'll kill you. “I think you should take a break searching because right now they certainly do not want to be found” he said confirming what you were thinking.

You rolled your eyes slightly annoyed.

“Judging by his looks I wouldn’t give it too long though. Maybe another 10 minutes. Just walked in on them like 5 minutes ago. Very pleasant, totally not awkward. Certainly adding this to my top ten best experiences tonight. But maybe I’m underestimating him and we’re in for a longer ride” he added and you couldn’t help but laugh out loud.

“So since you’re not leaving any time soon, how about a drink? One without alcohol for our righteous driver?” he asked as you nodded your head with a smile.

“What a considerate gentleman, gladly” you answered as you followed him to the kichen and then to the couch in the living room, because if there was something in this world that you hated then it was standing. Standing and not moving. Absolutely horrible. And so unnecessarily draining.

The sofa was completely empty and as you were about to sit down you understood why. The left side was absolutely soaked with - whatever. I don’t even want to know what that spilled liquid is.

You sat down next to each other, barely any space left between the two of you as you leaned back.

“So” you said turning around to face him, taking a small sip of your drink. “I do not know neither your name nor the reason why you're here tonight. Or would you prefer if I referred to you as the mysterious charming guy I've met at the party when I tell my friends about you tomorrow?” you added as he laughed wholeheartedly.

“Aaron it is. Pleasure to meet you...and your friends I suppose” he spoke entertained. “I'm actually here because of the same reason that you are. Picking up my little brother and his two idiot friends that jumped in the pool fully clothed just a couple minutes ago and are now taking forever to change. Honestly, I hope that's what they’re doing. I'm certainly not going to check on them or I might walk in onto something else tonight and I don't think I could handle this two times in a row. So, I'm just here patiently waiting, having the best time of my life with..” he looked at you expectantly. You realized he was asking for your name.