Eyes On the Prize, With Filthy Lies

The problem with lying is that it comes back around and bites you in the ass. So far I wasn't caught, but the day would come and I would pay. Do you ever think to yourself why did I do it? What the hell was I thinking? I was thinking this a lot lately the only problem is I didn't know these answers. I kept trying to remember what had been going through my mind when I came up with the plan to kill the man who had been hurting my friend. I know I am going against my own words, "its wrong to hurt another human being" well my best friend is missing. GIVE ME A BREAK! I don't know what is going on around me. I just-

"Leah! Pay attention in class!"

"Sorry Miss. Pyne, but im-"

"NO EXCUSES. You are after school with me today!'

Ew. I hated Miss. Pyne she is a nasty lady who hates children. Why even bother to teach if you hate children?

Knock. Knock. "This is the N.Y.P.D. open up Miss. Pyne."

"Do come in".

A tan, fat cop came into the room. He had to be at least six feet. Shortly after officer Williams followed him in. "We would like to speak with Leah Samules."

"Am I in trouble?"

"No. We have a couple more questions".

They lead me out the school and the fatter cop opened up the back door of his car. He gestured me to get in. About five minutes of driving they started to ask me some things about what happened that night.

"So Leah we found a bat at the crime scene. Is this yours?" asked officer Williams.

"Yes. I was using it for protection just in case he tried to hurt me, but he grabbed it from me and then hit Ava with it."

"Really we found your blood on it."

"Well-"

"Leah I know this was a traumatic event in your life, but if you would like us to help you find Ava you NEED to tell us the truth."

"Okay fine. I had a knife slashed across my fingers when the man found me. After I picked up the bat and hit him with it. I didn't want to, but it was for defense. He had staggered away and I thought he was gone. Then, he came back and drugged me. When I was knocked he took Ava and left" I said. They were lies all lies. I couldn't bare to keep the truth in, but for the rest of my life at stake I kept my mouth shut and my eyes on the prize.