Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Fatima's POV

"Cole, are you sure you're going to be okay alone at your house?" I asked Cole, who was now sitting beside me on my bed. We just got back from the hospital.

"Yes, baby. You know, I should be the one who's asking you that." He said with a soft smile on his face, as his fingers were busy putting away some strands of my hair in front of my face.

"Yes but...I still want to go with you after all." I consistently said and he sighed in return. "Sorry Fatima, but you can't. Here, Auntie can take care of you more than I can. Don't worry, once you're fully healed, I will be the one who will even fetch you from here. Hmm?" He's caressing my face while saying those.

"Fine. However, if you feel dizzy again, just call me or someone immediately. Keep your phone beside you all the time, Cole." I said with finality.

"Tsk. Stop being like this. I'm beginning to think of just staying here instead of going home." He said and hug me. Burying his head on the crook of my neck.

I smile a little and start to rub his back. "Then don't." I felt him chuckling before withdrawing from the hug. He stared at me before leaning down and planting a kiss on top of my forehead, on the tip of my nose, and lastly, a long kiss on the lips.

"It's late, sleep now." He said and we said good night to each other.

***

Cole's POV

When I got to my house, Jack and Aaron were right there. I parked my car in the garage and got out of my car.

"Oh hey there, lover boy." Jack said as he waved the bottles of beer in his hands.

"Fuck you." I said and shook my head with a grin displayed on my lips.

"You're late. What did you guys do, huh?" Aaron asked with a smug look on his face.

"Idiot. Don't lump me in with you." I said, and the three of us started making our way inside my house.

"Let's go to your garden." Aaron decided that himself, and I just shake my head at my friends. They are getting too comfortable around my house.

Once everything was settled and the two of them were preparing while I went to take a shower, the three of us made ourselves comfortable immediately.

"Cole, how are you and your...gang?" I stilled for a while after hearing that question from Jack.

I don't know what has come to Jack, because he's suddenly asking me about my other life. But let me just assume that he's asking me about it because of what happened to Fatima.

And yes, they actually know about me being in this gang. No, as the leader of the gang rather. They are aware. I wasn't planning to tell them about it at first, but one day they just found it out, and I couldn't do anything but explain it to them.

And that most of those people in my gang are the people who owe my father. My father is a thoughtful and helpful man, despite his appearance. They said they wanted to return my old man's kindness by serving under him. But my father is not like that. He doesn't want it unless it has to do with our companies.